New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] can not connect to any hosts

Links used in this discussion
Trent, User (Posts: 56)
Apr 28, 2022 11:40:37 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
@Dustin you can email support@remoteutilities.com but if you are on a free license, the policy is that the community forum is the main avenue for support.  https://www.remoteutilities.com/about/support-policy.php

They monitor the forum very closely so I suspect we'll see some sort of response here shortly.
Marc Bourque, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 28, 2022 11:47:13 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Same issue here. I can direct connect on the Lan using IP, but remote connections arent working. Must be their servers.
Edited:marc@jones-horan.com - Apr 28, 2022 11:51:00 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 28, 2022 12:01:20 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your messages.

Please note that our support channels are the Community Forum and the Ticket System (tickets can be submitted by users with commercial licenses). For more information please also see our Support Policy page.

As for the connectivity issue - could you please let us know if any of the remote Hosts that you cannot access are located in the networks with the same ISP as sometimes the issue might be caused by the ISP mistakenly blocking access to our servers.
In addition, please let us know if there's any antivirus/firewall software installed on the remote Host machines that are unavailable for the connection as the issue might also be caused by the antivirus/firewall software blocking our software.

Looking forward to your reply.
Trent, User (Posts: 56)
Apr 28, 2022 12:09:04 pm EDT
The hosts I am attempting to reach are on a variety of ISPs (Segra, AT&T, Spectrum Business) and no changes in antivirus have been made on either the host or viewer side.

Just to double check, I temporarily paused the firewall protection on ESET (antivirus/firewall solution on viewer side), but am seeing no change in behavior.  On machines where I have a backup remote connection method, they are functioning normally so the problem seems to be isolated to RU.

In case it helps, my Viewer event logs are showing all hosts are "connected to ID server: 66.23.226.254."

The error I get is host: "66.23.226.254:5655". Exception class: "EIdReadTimeout". Message: "Read timed out.".

Hosts and viewers are all 7.1.2.0.
Dustin Miller, User (Posts: 17)
Apr 28, 2022 12:12:34 pm EDT
I have dozens of hosts. no changes were made in any security protocols. everything worked yesterday, now nothing connects.  my co worker who is at a customers facility on the West coast CAN remote in to the hosts for some reason this morning ?
Weapon26, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 28, 2022 12:18:27 pm EDT
I'm in Colorado and use Century Link as an ISP! Having the exact same issue today. Just started this morning. Like many before. I only have two connections I need to use but neither work. It was fine yesterday and today none of them work. No changes in firewall or any other sort of settings/conditions.
Edited:Weapon26 - Apr 28, 2022 12:20:37 pm EDT
Denis Boyton, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 28, 2022 12:21:31 pm EDT
same issue - no connectivity. was working fine yesterday evening, but no access today.

Denis
Paul Truswell, User (Posts: 12)
Apr 28, 2022 12:23:14 pm EDT
Please can we go back to the old software that just worked?!
Denis Boyton, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 28, 2022 12:23:18 pm EDT
My machine and the remote machines are all on spectrum - but I switched one of my machines to another provider and could still not remote in
Dustin Miller, User (Posts: 17)
Apr 28, 2022 12:34:25 pm EDT
I seem to be up and running again now....

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)