New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Trouble controlling a Windows 11 machine

Links used in this discussion
Fabio Quintal, User (Posts: 1)
Jun 13, 2022 2:52:46 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have the free license.  I'm trying to connect to a Windows 11 machine which has the latest host (7.1.2.0) and I'm trying to control it with a viewer (7.1.2.0) which can control other PCs (Windows 10).  The weird part is that only full control doesn't work.  I can VIEW only, and I can even control the power state (under other modes). However, when I try to take FULL control, it just keeps saying "Connecting to Dell Inspiron.  Please wait".  But it never connects, no matter how long I wait. I tried to uninstall the host and re-install and nothing changes.  i also tried a clean installation of the host by using Total uninstall, which does a good job of completely uninstalling with no traces, but it's still not working.  I made sure my antivirus firewall is turned off and Windows Defender firewall, just to make sure it wasn't interfering with it, but still no go.  Any idea what might going on?

Fabio
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 13, 2022 2:07:16 pm EDT
Hi Fabio,

Thank you for your message.

Please, check the solutions on this page https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/full-control-and-view-mode-isn-t-working-or-is-unstable/

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)