New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

NT Authorization Error

Links used in this discussion
Patrick Riley, User (Posts: 27)
Jun 16, 2022 3:24:23 pm EDT
I am getting an authorization error on one of my hosts. I have installed RU on a number of workstations but this is the only one that is giving me an issue. It asking for credentials but none work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 16, 2022 4:58:17 pm EDT
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if this specific Host has the correct user permissions set up? You can check the permissions for the Host in the Host Settings window -> Authentication tab. Please make sure that the corresponding users are added to the Host's permission list and that the connection mode you want to use is allowed for these users as well as described in this tutorial - for example, you can allow just Full Control or File Transfer modes or allow all modes by selecting All Access.

Hope that helps.
Jun 17, 2022 7:45:42 am EDT
Yes, I have windows authentication set with my user. This is the same setup I have on all of my host machines. I even uninstalled RU on that host machine an reinstalled but I'm still getting the same error.
Jun 17, 2022 10:14:48 am EDT
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please let us know if you've tried logging in with the Use current security context checkbox enabled or with a domain selected (if applicable)? In case if these solutions don't help as well, please feel free to send us the Host log file for examination. You can send it over to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Jun 17, 2022 10:17:47 am EDT
I have tried logging in with that with no luck. I will send the host log file soon. Thanks.
Jun 17, 2022 12:22:02 pm EDT
Hello Patrick,

Of course, in this case please feel free to send the logs whenever it's possible - we will check them for you right away.

Thank you!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)