New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Disengage the mouse from full control mode

Links used in this discussion
James Panzitta, User (Posts: 6)
Jul 25, 2022 4:13:11 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Hi, is there any way to disengage the mouse while in full control mode? Maybe just a hotkey to disconnect when in full control mode?
My situation is that if I am logged into a users computer and then finish helping them, I always have to move the mouse cursor out of the window (usually going upper right) so then I can close my connection. Sometimes I have to go back and forth from my computer to theirs to reference something and again I have to drag the mouse out of the window in order to access my computer again. I'd like to be able to "release" or disengage the mouse cursor so that I don't have to move it out of the window in order to get back to my computer. Sometimes it is annoying because of resolution differences or multiple monitors. Is there a hotkey I'm missing?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 26, 2022 11:39:42 am EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for your message.

You can try using the following hotkeys combinations:
Alt+TAB - this hotkey combination allows you to cycle through the windows on your remote Host machine, i.e. within your remote session window.
Q+Alt+TAB - this hotkey combination allows you to cycle through the windows on your local machine, i.e. you should be able to switch between your Full Control window and other windows on your remote machine and reference information between your remote and local machines.
In addition, please try using the Ctrl+F4 hotkeys when you need to close the remote session window.
For full list of available hotkeys please see this page.

Hope that helps.
James Panzitta, User (Posts: 6)
Jul 26, 2022 12:19:23 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Turns out alt+F12 ended up working more like what I wanted. Thanks again
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 26, 2022 1:42:06 pm EDT
Hello James,

I'm glad to hear it works for you!

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions or need our assistance. We're always happy to help!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)