New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

License question

Links used in this discussion
James Panzitta, User (Posts: 6)
Jul 26, 2022 2:52:35 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Currently bought 1 starter license for 20 computers and 1 tech. We need a few more computers though, maybe 5 more for now. Can I just spend another $99 on another starter license and get 20 additional computers? Would I have 2 license files then? We still just need 1 tech and not sure the best way to go about purchasing because mini seems like too much for what we need.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 26, 2022 3:51:38 pm EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for your message.

[edited] You can use this Upgrade Your License form to calculate the exact upgrade cost and you can proceed to purchasing the upgrade right there.

In addition, you can also use this License Assistant form that can help you to choose the best license for your scenario by answering just two questions.
Finally, in case if you have more questions on upgrading your license you can always submit a Request for Quote using this form - just select the I'm upgrading my license option and fill in the applicable information.
Last but not least, you can also contact our Sales department using this form as well.

Hope that helps.
Jul 26, 2022 3:57:05 pm EDT
Ok so if I do upgrade to 2 techs and 20 computers per tech, how do I switch techs to access the second batch of 20 computers? Or is that not how it works?
Jul 26, 2022 5:06:12 pm EDT
Hello James,

You don't need to switch the license between techs as it's the same license key for both techs. Please also note that you can register more than just two Viewers with this license key, since our license keys are not restricted to a specific workstation, so you can register any number of Viewers with this license key as long as the number of active techs (i.e. connected in a remote session to a Host) doesn't exceed 2 at a time. [edited]

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Jul 28, 2022 2:14:56 pm EDT
Hmm not sure what I am doing wrong but I upgraded my license, put the new license key into the viewer, restarted the viewer but when I add another connection it still says that I cannot have more than 20 and to remove extras.
Jul 28, 2022 3:26:36 pm EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try following and see if this helps to resolve the issue:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder is hidden by default, so this is why you can't find the Roaming folder. In this case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings. Here's how you can do this.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your address books won't be affected by this action.
4. Run Viewer, registering it with your license key once again as described here and try adding new connection to see if the issue still persists.

Hope that helps.
Jul 28, 2022 3:43:05 pm EDT
Hello, I have followed all of your steps but the issue persists.
Attached Files
License question
Edited:James Panzitta - Jul 28, 2022 3:43:18 pm EDT
Jul 28, 2022 6:24:10 pm EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'll check on this issue with my coworkers and will get back to you with an update on it shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jul 29, 2022 10:39:55 am EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please contact us at support@remoteutilities.com and let us know the email address that was used for purchasing your license key (or contact us using the same email address, if possible)?

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)