Community

You computer has been connected in a remote session...

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 28, 2022 2:01:48 pm EST
Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your message.

Will it suddenly change if some "bad guy" connects? Maybe I'm not understanding the way it works? All I know is it's ALWAYS there and never changes.

This notification banner is persistent and is intended to increase the transparency when using our software as well as the remote user's awareness that someone has connected to their computer. The notification banner is displayed when any Viewer registered with a free license key or running in a trial mode connects to a remote Host via the Internet-ID connection method.

Many, many users have complained about not being able to read through the message and you still do not acknowledge the fact. Indeed, you contradict them all. It's kind of insulting.

Actually, we have acknowledged all the feedback provided by all our users and currently we plan to improve the notification banner to make it more user-friendly. Namely, we will add an option to choose the preferred corner to display the notification banner as well as the option to hide the banner on the Viewer's side while connected in the remote session. Hopefully, both of these changes will be available in one of our next updates, but, unfortunately, there's no specific ETA on these features yet. For more information please see this page.

Hope that helps.
David Bartos, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 09, 2022 7:08:20 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I just wanted to say that I agree it's too intrusive and I look forward to seeing what improvements are made. The only real problem I have with it is that it makes it hard to see parts of the menus that come from the system tray. I don't care if it's displayed and I understand the need for it, I just wish it wasn't so in the way.

You computer has been connected in a remote session... - 09 Aug 2022 07:07:14
Aug 10, 2022 1:28:29 pm EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback.

We'll do our best to improve the banner in the upcoming updates as soon as we can. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting.

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions.
César L, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 22, 2022 10:30:24 pm EDT
I want to make a suggestion that can be a alternative to make the banner a little less annoying, and is that when the mouse cursor is over the banner you can make it disappear so don’t get in the way to select menues or other apps.
Edited:César L - Aug 22, 2022 10:36:51 pm EDT
Douglas Crawford, User (Posts: 75)
Aug 23, 2022 8:26:48 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Brilliant. Vanish on mouse-over.  Easy to implement.
Aug 23, 2022 12:01:28 pm EDT
Hello César,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll pass your suggestion on to our developers for a review. We will do our best to improve the notification banner as soon as we can.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
donpowell Don, User (Posts: 9)
Oct 11, 2022 9:20:22 am EDT
I understand the banner but I HAVE a valid 10 user license and two of my computer STILL show the banner!!!  I can not find any instructions on how to remove it.  

I tried to re-add the license but it correctly tells me it is already added.

So keep the banner, that is fine but fix your severe bug that keeps making the banner popup when it is not valid.
Oct 11, 2022 11:17:19 am EDT
Hello Don,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that in case if you're using Viewer in 30-day trial mode or registered with a Free license (which allows 10 connections), the banner is always displayed (except for when you use Direct connection). Only a commercial license disables the banner for Internet-ID connection.
In case if you mean that you're using a commercial license (Starter, Mini, Pro or Endpoint), but still can see the banner when connecting to a Host, please let us know.

Hope that helps.
donpowell Don, User (Posts: 9)
Oct 11, 2022 3:44:13 pm EDT
You have 6 pages of telling people this. OF COURSE I KNOW IT.  I paid for a 10 user license. I have had this license for years.  You can look it up quite easily rather than wasting an entire day just to tell me something that is not related.

so. to be crystal clear.  I have a 10 user professional license that I paid for.  randomly the viewer displays the banner.

In the past I could re-add my license but now it won't let me re-add it and the banner stays.  The other 6 computers I connect to are just fine.  It is only these two that show the banner.

I have found this tends to be after upgrades but I am unable to get your software to acknowledge that I have a valid license.

So, one more time.  How do I turn off the banner when I have a valid license that I have been using for years?
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Oct 11, 2022 4:11:20 pm EDT
I think what Pauline is trying to tell you that if you have a user license of 10 people then it’s a FREE license and does to have the banner removal option even your post here shows you as a Free or Trail user in your post.. You have to pay to have the banner removed like the rest of of us..

Maybe you didnt eneter the correct lisence information with the account..
Attached Files
You computer has been connected in a remote session...
Edited:johnran - Oct 11, 2022 4:13:22 pm EDT

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)