New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Free license: Notification near the system tray and other changes

Links used in this discussion
Mark Newham, User (Posts: 4)
Aug 04, 2022 4:01:38 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Please can we get this update implemented, it is very frustrating as it currently is.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 04, 2022 6:20:47 pm EDT
Hello Mark,

Thank you for your message.

We apologize once again for keeping everyone waiting for so long. We'll do our best to release an update with implemented improvements as soon as we can.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
ALESSANDRO, User (Posts: 4)
Aug 25, 2022 2:16:22 pm EDT
finally the banner was translated!  but the meaning of the translated english is different from the understood portuguese. The message would be better if it were:

"Your computer is being accessed remotely. If you have not authorized this connection, visit remoteutilities.com/info"
"Seu computador está sendo acessado remotamente. Se você não autorizou esta conexão, visite remoteutilities.com/info"

but I still give improvement tips on the banner, such as:

- connected session time,

- Computer NAME or windows User Viewer so that the host knows who the technician/administrator is doing the remote support.

thanks
Aug 25, 2022 7:09:13 pm EDT
Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll forward the feedback regarding the Portuguese translation to my team and we will fix it in our next updates. I'll also pass on your suggestions on the banner information as well for a review (even though, we already have similar features in our wishlist, but for Viewer rather than Host).

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 26, 2022 8:22:42 am EDT
Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please, note that the purpose of this warning message/banner is to generally notify the user about the fact of someone being connected to their computer, not to give any specific details of the connection (i.e. the user is supposed to act immediately and terminate the connection if it's not authorized).

Also, this window is only shown in the free version because it's the one which was abused most. The commercial version doesn't show this banner.

Thanks.
Aug 26, 2022 4:01:35 pm EDT
another tip, they could somehow send the keyboard characters correctly. My keyboard is EN-US, but my language is PT-BR and with that I configure my windows as keyboard language as US and writing language as PT-BR. with that I can use the ' key to make the accents like á é í ó ú ç.

however when I am connected with my EN-US keyboard and PT-BR language on another remote computer that uses a PT-BR keyboard and PT-BR language, the commands are not typed correctly, that is, the EN-US commands are still sent. If I change the configuration in the viewer to UNICODE, keys like Shift are not sent.

in other remote access app,  this does not happen for example. commands are sent in the q writing language.

thanks.
Edited:ALESSANDRO - Aug 26, 2022 4:02:09 pm EDT
Aug 26, 2022 5:42:43 pm EDT
Hello Alessandro,

Could you please clarify if the issue persists if you switch your Viewer machine to the correct input language PT-BR that allows sending special characters to your Host machine? Does the issue occur if the language at both machines remote and local match?

Looking forward to your reply.
Aug 27, 2022 2:37:53 pm EDT

Pauline wrote:

Hello Alessandro,

Could you please clarify if the issue persists if you switch your Viewer machine to the correct input language PT-BR that allows sending special characters to your Host machine? Does the issue occur if the language at both machines remote and local match?

Looking forward to your reply.

Update the host and viewer to version 7.1.6 today and configure the Viewer to UNICODE and now, yes, the characters are sent correctly, both Shift and "éáçúó" accents from an American EN-US keyboard on an HP Zbook G2 with windows in portuguese.

Thanks.

and.. Another tip is about increasing security, being able to use a simple digital certificate such as .p12 format, implemented in the host and in the viewer so that only those who have the certificate can connect.
Aug 29, 2022 4:01:22 pm EDT
Hello Alessandro,

I'm glad to hear it works for you now!

Thank you for your suggestion - I will forward it to our development department for a review as well.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Alain Haentjens, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 05, 2022 2:35:54 pm EDT
Hi,
Could you please do something to reduce or move this banner, because, it's exactly on a part of a software I use remotely, so it's not possible to see the value or click at this place.
It's really a stupid feature if we can't move it.
Many thanks,
Alain

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)