Community

Hidden Install

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Sep 09, 2022 9:59:49 am EDT
What are the steps to do an exe with a hidden install?
Sep 09, 2022 10:11:57 am EDT

Rob Barrett wrote:

What are the steps to create an exe with a silent install?

SILENT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 09, 2022 10:21:01 am EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

In order to use the installation package for a hidden Host install you'd need to choose the default Host EXE or the Host MSI package - these both can be used for silent installation via the standard means (e.g. /quite or /qn options). You can also choose the Host EXE package (One-click) - it also installs in the background and only displays a quick prompt in the beginning asking for user consent.
The rest of the configuration process would go as usual, i.e. after choosing your package, you can continue with preferred settings for your Host.
In addition, this guide on the MSI Configurator Tool might be useful - you can also find description for the next steps of the process by switching to the next part of the guide in the left pane.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Sep 09, 2022 10:32:03 am EDT
Pauline, I used the MSI configurator to do the last one that has been working for years but I just tried to create a host .exe that my clients can download from my website using custom server settings but I can't remember what steps I used for the exe and the silent install.
Sep 09, 2022 10:46:57 am EDT
Ok.... It looks like it worked.... NOW, how can I upload this to the existing hosts using the certified newly created version?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 09, 2022 12:31:58 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

Do you mean that you want to update existing Hosts remotely and/or change their settings remotely? If this is the case, then you can try using the Remote Install Tool - this tool can help you to install, update or delete Hosts remotely.
If you mean something else, please let us know.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)