Community

Fatal Error rfusclient.exe not found

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Sep 08, 2022 2:23:06 pm EDT
Hello Pam,

Thank you for the update on this.

Could you please clarify if there's any antivirus software installed on the remote Host machine?

Looking forward to your reply.
Pam Kelli, User (Posts: 8)
Sep 14, 2022 9:17:50 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Yes, Pauline, I have AV software installed on all of my computers but it is not interfering with RU in any way.
This is clearly a host software issue. Both host computers are reporting the same fatal error.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Sep 15, 2022 1:06:52 pm EDT

Pam Kelli wrote:

Yes, Pauline, I have AV software installed on all of my computers but it is not interfering with RU in any way.
This is clearly a host software issue. Both host computers are reporting the same fatal error.

Hi Pam,

Could you provide the antivirus software name, please. Thanks.
Sep 16, 2022 10:11:30 am EDT
I use AVG on all of my devices
Sep 16, 2022 10:34:30 am EDT
Hi Pam,

AVG/Avast keep detecting the program with each new release. We have no idea why this company is ruining the work of their users/customers by blocking benign/legitimate software on their users' computers. This is weird.
Sep 16, 2022 10:38:46 am EDT
AVG is not blocking anything associated with RU. There is nothing in quarantine and I have whitelisted the RU program
Sep 16, 2022 10:43:05 am EDT
Hello Pam,

Modern antivirus programs may not even bother warning the user about the changes they make or files they block / delete silently.

Could you try installing the Host on a computer without AVG/Avast and see the result. I assure you that this problem won't be taking place.
TONY LARIOS, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 22, 2022 10:45:23 pm EDT
Everyone, also keep an eye on your antivirus and make sure the exe file is in the exclusion list because sometimes. the AV reacts to the file by deleting it without prompting you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)