New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

bug, regression, or feature? :D

Jay West, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 16, 2022 12:21:39 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Not sure if this "bug" occured after the latest update, or one or two updates prior but in recent time. I am currently running 7.1.7 though.

What I'm doing:
On the main screen that lists your connections, I connect to one (the connection moves fr om the 'online' category to the 'logged in' category) and do a little remote work. I hit the X on the in-session menu at the top and open a different connection, do a little remote work, and hit the X on that session. I now have two sessions in the 'logged on' category on that page. Now I want to log off those two connections.

Past and expected behaviour:
I can click on the top connection under the logged in category, then press and hold left shift and click on the bottom/last connection under the logged in category, then right click and sel ect logoff. This selects all currently logged in entries in blue, and logs all of them off - so all connections in the 'logged on' category go back to 'online'.

Current behaviour as of the last or one or two prior releases:
You can select multiple lines still, but when you right click and select logoff fr om the context menu - only one logged in connection is logged off. Not all of them as was previously done despite multiple lines being selected.

Request:
Go back to previous behaviour, wh ere if a range (via shift key) or specific set (via ctrl key) of connections are selected, the right-click context menu again operates on all selected items.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 19, 2022 6:45:33 pm EDT
Hello Jay,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue in our environment. Could you please clarify if you have both Viewer and Hosts updated to the most recent version 7.1.7.0? If some of your Hosts are not updated yet, please make sure to update them so that there's no version mismatch which might be resulting in this behavior.
In case if all of the remote Hosts have already been updated, then please let us know at least an approximate number of remote Hosts that you're trying to log off from when the issue occurs.

Looking forward to your reply.
ipanic, User (Posts: 6)
Sep 22, 2022 9:40:53 am EDT
Hi there,

we have exactly the same problem.
Log-off multiple hosts (multiselect with shift key) in the connection list don't work.
Its weird, if I select 3 Hosts and click "Logoff" it disconnects 2 Hosts, 1 stay logged-in.
If i select 6 Hosts, 3 of it were logged-off the rest stay online.

Log-ON works as expected.

Viewer 7.1.7.0
Host: 7.1.7.0
Sep 22, 2022 12:00:32 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I've forwarded the issue to our developers and have asked for their input on this to see if this might be expected behavior or something we can reproduce and fix.

I'll get back to your with an update on this shortly.
Sep 22, 2022 7:14:45 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the issue with our developers and they've let me know that it's a known issue which will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)