New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

"Drag and drop" vs "F6 Move" skip option

Henrik Christensen, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 21, 2022 9:57:24 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
I'm using viewer and host version 7.1.7.0.

I have a question regarding the "drag and drop" and "F6 Move" option in the "File Transfer" mode.
Is it on purpose, that the source file should be deleted even though you choose the skip option when doing a "F6 Move" to a location where the file already exists with same name and extension?

In the same scenario when doing a "drag and drop", the source file will not be deleted. But that's maybe because this action is considered as a copy and not a move?
The operations dialog box does say "Download files from" and "Move files from", but just wanted to hear from you if this behavior is on purpose :)

Thanks.
Attached Files
"Drag and drop" vs "F6 Move" skip option "Drag and drop" vs "F6 Move" skip option
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 21, 2022 3:56:25 pm EDT
Hello Henrik,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, the "drag and drop" is definitely considered as copying rather than moving a file. However, I've additionally forwarded your question to our development department and have asked for their input on this.

I'll get back to your with an update on this shortly.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 21, 2022 6:51:35 pm EDT
Hello Henrik,

Thank you for your patience.

I’ve checked on the issue with our developer and they’ve let me know that it’s not an expected or intentional behavior, so we will be testing this further in order to add a fix in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Henrik Christensen, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 21, 2022 7:00:50 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Pauline,

Okay, thank you for the replies :)

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)