New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

virus detected while downloading rut-7.1.7.0.zip

Links used in this discussion
Robert Guest, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 08, 2022 4:54:58 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
trying to download the above file on my sister's machine and it is getting flagged with a virus (Program:AndoidOS/ZkartletFlash). I downloaded it on my machine and can unzip it fine. I transferred the file from my machine to my sister's but as soon as I try to unzip it, it gets flagged and quarantined. I am sure I do not have any special virus software on my sisters computer other the the standard Windows 10 defender.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 10, 2022 4:23:10 pm EDT
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your message.

This is a false positive detect - unfortunately, new detections are usually expected when there is a new version out and it might take some time before a/v software learns to recognize new files as harmless. Unfortunately, we don't have much control over this process other than regularly submitting f/p reports.

Please try submitting a False Positive report to Microsoft following the steps provided on this page - this should help to resolve the issue and remove the detection pretty quickly.
Meanwhile, as a temporary workaround also please try restoring the quarantined files as described in this guide. After restoring the files please make sure to add the detected files or directory where you plan to keep them to the Windows Defender exception list as described here.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)