Community

Trying to install on Vista 32bit.

Links used in this discussion
Brad Mustin, User (Posts: 21)
Oct 04, 2022 9:44:25 pm EDT
I"m trying to install the host on a windows vista sp2 32bit.  I run the exe and the msi nothing happens.  The only thing relevant in the event logs was a event 11, capi2 error.Failed to extra a third-party root fr om auto update cab from Microsoft.  I downloaded the certificate and installed it manually from Microsoft, but it didn't help.  Any ideas, or wh ere is the install log located?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 05, 2022 10:57:54 am EDT
Hello Brad,

Thank you for your message.

You can find the Host installation log in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Remote Utilities\install.log.
Could you please try following this guide provided by Microsoft and see if it helps to resolve the issue?
In addition, please try checking if you have the following registry key on your target machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\. If the key exists, please try deleting it, then restarting the PC and re-installing Host once again.

Please let us know if any of the above helps.
Oct 14, 2022 5:15:20 pm EDT
Checked, there was no install log(no folder) or registry key made.  I followed the Microsoft guide,  but did not help.  any other ideas?
Oct 14, 2022 6:52:03 pm EDT
Hello Brad,

Thank you for the update.

Can you still find the event 11, capi2 error entries in the event logs? If yes, then can you please copy the full text of the entry (you can also export it or make a screenshot) and email it to us support@remoteutilities.com? This way we'll be able to forward it to our developers so they could look further into the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 18, 2022 5:56:40 pm EDT
event 11, capi2 no longer happen.  Now when I run the msi or exe nothing happens.
Oct 18, 2022 6:55:12 pm EDT
Hello Brad,

Thank you for the update.

I'll forward the issue to our developers and ask for their input on this issue.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)