Community

Roll out 1 2fa for all host

Links used in this discussion
Brad M, User (Posts: 21)
Oct 28, 2022 5:26:21 pm EDT
I want to consolidate my 2fa.  how can I replace all the different 2fa on the different host, so there is only one code.  I now how todo it for new hosts in the configuration, but it changes every time to update it.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 28, 2022 5:59:28 pm EDT
Hello Brad,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what do you mean by “it changes every time to upd ate it”? You can se t up one 2fa code for all your Hosts if you enable and set it up during the custom Host installer configuration process - this way all the Hosts installed using this custom package will have the same code in your 2fa app. When you update your Host via the Simple Update feature, the code settings should stay the same.
If you mean something else, please let us know.

Hope that helps.
Oct 28, 2022 6:03:28 pm EDT
1. I can' t update the original msi installer to a newer version.  I have to keep the old one, and then update to a new version.  Is there a way to update the original installer to keep the same 2fa key.
2.  how do I update the shared 2fa key on old installs before I started using the msi installer.
Oct 28, 2022 7:10:55 pm EDT
Hello Brad,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to upd ate an existing msi installer to keep the existing 2fa code - you can either update the existing Host installations which will keep the existing current code or generate a completely new installer which seems like the easiest way because it will let you to se t up 2fa on all Host installations both new and existing at once, so that they all have the same code.

Hope that helps.
Oct 28, 2022 7:21:10 pm EDT
How can I update the existing ones easily.  The only way i know how to do it is to download the msi and run it on each computer, and hope i don't have a problem and loose connection.
Oct 31, 2022 6:25:05 pm EDT
Hello Brad,

You can update your remote Hosts way easier via the Simple Update feature - this will keep all the settings intact and just update Hosts to the latest version available.
If you'd like to update some of the settings at the same time, then you can do so via the Remote Install Tool. Please note that you'd need to pre-configure your custom msi installation package with the settings that you'd like to update - this method will allow you to upgrade both Host version and settings simultaneously.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)