Community

Multiple monitors - viewer forgets where it was

Peter Hucker, User (Posts: 23)
Nov 03, 2022 8:50:49 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I'm running 6.10.10.0.  I have 5 monitors on the machine I use for the viewer.  It always opens the viewing screen on the same monitor (which isn't the one I'd left it on, or the primary Windows 11 monitor).  Does your latest version fix this before I bother upgrading?  If not, can you put it in your list of things to do?
Peter Hucker, User (Posts: 23)
Nov 03, 2022 11:16:44 am EDT
Nevermind, version 7.1.7 fixes this.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Nov 03, 2022 2:56:14 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Anthony Waddell, User (Posts: 13)
Nov 14, 2022 10:57:26 am EST
I'm running viewer 7.1.7.0 and it NEVER remembers which monitor the remote session was displayed on. I have the main panel on monitor #2 (to keep it out of the way), and when I connect to a host, the world map splash screen always opens on monitor #2, and then the remote session to the host opens on monitor #2. I then move it to monitor #1 which is where I want it. But the next time I start a session, it always starts on monitor #2.

That is not the only problem I've noticed with window placement. I'll attach a screen shot. If I use file transfer, the transfer window opens but is partially offscreen. In particular, the Close button, as you can see. Even though I move it to a better place so I can click the close button, it always opens partially off screen on subsequent uses.

Neither of these problems are a big deal, but are somewhat annoying.
Attached Files
Multiple monitors - viewer forgets where it was
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Nov 14, 2022 1:05:45 pm EST
Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, these are known issues and currently we can't provide an efficient workaround for them. The only thing that can be done here is to maximize the session window to take up the whole desktop.
However, we plan to implement some features for multi-monitor setups in our future updates, so hopefully we'll be able to fix this behavior as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)