Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Linux Host ETA

Links used in this discussion
LTR, User (Posts: 4)
Dec 22, 2022 3:35:43 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi

For a long time there has been mention on your website of an upcoming Linux host version. Is there an ETA / roadmap schedule for this?

Thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 22, 2022 10:09:07 am EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Releasing Host for Mac/Linux is currently among our biggest priorities, but, unfortunately, we can't provide any ETA or schedule for this release for now.

Let us know if you have more questions.
David Silva, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 27, 2023 8:32:21 pm EDT
I could really use this. I have linux computers to support but there is no good software for securely and visually login remotely without massive configuration of each machine.

We now have to go out and pay for some other solution :(

I am a programmer myself and would be happy to beta test the linux host. We run linux mint with XFCE on all these machines which is an easy to work with window manager. It's the only window manager that x2go reliably works on.
Mar 28, 2023 11:19:58 am EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that Host for Linux is already available for alpha preview. It's somewhat limited in functionality since it's an alpha preview, but we'll be adding more features during the beta version releases. You can find the download link and installation instructions in this thread.

Hope that helps.
David Silva, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 28, 2023 6:24:40 pm EDT
Excellent, thanks!
Sep 18, 2023 6:47:49 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we've just released Agent for Mac/Linux. Even though, Host for Mac/Linux is still in development, Agent is already available for beta testing. You can find the full list of available features and discussion as well as download links on this page.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)