Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Setting up a single password automatically

Links used in this discussion
Michael Bates, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 04, 2023 1:51:12 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am having a problem using the one-click installer. I want to create the one-click install to have a single password when it installs. The problem I am having is that when I set the password when creating the installer and also setting the password in the default connection settings, I can't access the host becasue the password is incorrect which makes no sense. I was having a problem with installing the one-click installer becasue I wasn't running at as administrator but that has since been solved.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 04, 2023 11:32:06 am EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that you want all Hosts installed using this One-Click installer to have the same password? If this is the case, could you please let us know how do you set up the Single password when configuration the installer?

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 04, 2023 4:14:39 pm EDT
I want the one-click install to either set a single password or set a random password that is sent to me via email so I can connect. Under default connection properties, I have set the password to be "password" as a test. When making the one-click installer there is an option for Automatically generate host passoword. If I have that set, as well as have a password in the default connection settings, does that conflict?
Attached Files
[Resolved] Setting up a single password automatically [Resolved] Setting up a single password automatically
Apr 04, 2023 7:09:02 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, the password that is set up on the Host's side and the password that you save in the Connection Properties window must match in order for the connection to work. If you enable the feature to randomly generate a Host password while generating an installer, then you should receive an email with encrypted code that contains the access credentials. You can add this Host to your address book via the Add using code feature. This way, the correct password is automatically saved in the respective connection properties for a corresponding Host (each Host has a different password).
Please note that if you save the wrong password in your default connection properties (for example, the "password" password), you won't be able to connect to remote Hosts, since your Viewer will attempt to connect using the wrong password saved in the connection properties.
In this case, we recommend that you try adding Hosts to your address book via the Add using code feature as described in the guide linked above and see if this works for you.

Hope that helps.
Apr 05, 2023 11:43:09 am EDT
My mistake was setting a default password and setting a pass in the one-click install. Also, using the Add using code feature is working for the hosts that have passwords. Thanks for the help!
Apr 05, 2023 12:17:07 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

Let us know if you have any questions or need our assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)