Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] drag and drop not working Host PC to Viewer PC

Links used in this discussion
Terry Frost, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 13, 2020 7:05:28 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi - I am trialling RU before deployment (to SME).  I can drag and drop easily from (my) Viewer PC to (my colleague's) Host PC.  However, I cannot drag and drop at all from Host to Viewer.

My Viewer PC is running Windows 10 Pro.  My colleague's Host PC is Windows 7 Pro.  (I know, I know - it will be replaced soon!)  I have installed V6.10 both Host and Viewer (the installed versions of both, not the agent).

I have searched the Support Centre thoroughly but cant find anyone else having this issue.  Can someone help please?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 13, 2020 10:37:51 am EDT
Hello Terry,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue - the Drag and Drop feature works well both ways: from a local Viewer machine to a remote Host, and vise versa.

Could you please clarify if you're connecting to the remote Host machine using Direct connection or Internet-ID connection? Depending on a connection, a slight delay might be needed for the Drag and Drop to work, especially if Internet-ID connection is used. Please try waiting for a couple more seconds before dropping the file on the remote screen.

In addition, please try updating Remote Utilities to the most recent 6.12 Beta 1 version and see if it helps to resolve the issue. 6.12 Beta 1 version is available for the download on this page.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Jeff Joralemon, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 28, 2023 3:20:17 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Can't seem to drag a file from the remote Host Windows PC to Mac desktop (Viewer).
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 28, 2023 8:02:40 pm EDT
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that Viewer for Mac/Linux is currently in beta testing, so some of the features or functionality might be limited. Unfortunately, file transfer functionality is not supported for Viewer for Mac/Linux yet. You can find the whole list of currently available features on this page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)