Community

Alt-F4 now closes Viewer window

Links used in this discussion
Trent, User (Posts: 56)
Oct 17, 2023 9:16:18 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Good morning!  I just noticed today that my often used keyboard shortly of Alt-F4 to close a window is not functioning as intended.  As of 7.2.1.0, the keystroke is being passed to the remote host AND it is closing the Viewer window.  Expected and previous behavior was that they keystroke gets passed to the remote host only.

Both Viewer and Host are running 7.2.1.0.

Thanks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 17, 2023 1:09:00 pm EDT
Hello Trent,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that the Alt+F4 hotkey is currently assigned to close the File Transfer window by default. You can find the full list of available hotkey combinations here.
However, please note the that you can also edit some of the hotkey combinations as described here.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Oct 17, 2023 2:11:59 pm EDT
I should specify this is when I am in Full Control mode, not File Transfer.  Previous version correctly passed this keyboard shortcut to the host.

I checked my "Hotkeys" in settings and Alt-F4 is not assigned to any special function.  I am using the defaults.  The only thing near it is "Close" is set to Ctrl-F4.
Oct 17, 2023 2:24:29 pm EDT
I can also confirm that rolling my Viewer back to 7.1.7.0 restores the expected functionality of correctly passing the Alt-F4 keyboard shortcut to the host when using Full Control and NOT closing the Viewer.
Oct 17, 2023 6:42:53 pm EDT
Hello Trent,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward this issue to our developers to see if might be expected behavior or an issue we should be able to fix in our future updates.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Oct 23, 2023 2:02:46 pm EDT
Hello Trent,

Thank you for your patience.

We’ve reproduced the issue and have added the fix for it to our next update which should be released very soon.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Oct 24, 2023 10:08:17 am EDT
Excellent!  Let me know if the new release is available as beta.  Happy to give it a try prior to full release for you!

Thanks, Pauline and the whole RU team!
Oct 30, 2023 5:56:08 pm EDT
I can confirm this is fixed in Viewer 7.2.2.0.

Thanks!!!!!
Oct 30, 2023 6:01:33 pm EDT
Hello Trent,

I’m glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)