Community

screen view weird

Bujang Betato, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 04, 2023 3:15:26 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
hello, this my first time using this program,
i wonder how to make screen view fit to screen?
when i use normal mode, there is a scroll bar on the right and bottom of screen, but when i change the mode to stretch when viewing, there is a blackscreen on each side,
but when i set stretch mode from the beginning of view, the screen is really small.
how to make to stretch mode but dont small size as default view?
Attached Files
screen view weird screen view weird screen view weird
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 06, 2023 5:34:57 pm EST
Hello Bujang,

Thank you for your message.

Using the Stretch mode already fits your remote screen to the local monitor (i.e. it shrinks or stretches the remote monitor). In order to get rid of the borders you can try resizing your Full Control connection window to better fit the remote screen resolution or you can also try using the Fullscreen stretch mode instead and see if it works for you.

Hope that helps.
Nov 06, 2023 10:37:10 pm EST

Pauline wrote:

Hello Bujang,

Thank you for your message.

Using the Stretch mode already fits your remote screen to the local monitor (i.e. it shrinks or stretches the remote monitor). In order to get rid of the borders you can try resizing your Full Control connection window to better fit the remote screen resolution or you can also try using the  Fullscreen stretch  mode instead and see if it works for you.

Hope that helps.

and how to save screen size that already been set. so no need resizing the screen anymore?
Nov 07, 2023 12:55:19 pm EST
Hello Bujang,

Could you please clarify if you mean the size of the Full Control window or the preferred display mode (e.g. fullscreen stretch) for a certain connection?

Looking forward to your reply.
Nov 09, 2023 12:44:22 am EST

Pauline wrote:

Hello Bujang,

Could you please clarify if you mean the size of the Full Control window or the preferred display mode (e.g. fullscreen stretch) for a certain connection?

what i mean is, is there no auto scale windows view when using normal or strech view mode?.
and is there no auto save for windows size mode that has been set to specific size? So we no longer need to set the size of the window when open it at a second time..

oh one more thing. on inventory manager, inventory manager did not show how much memory/ram installed and how many pieces of memory/ram installed
Nov 09, 2023 1:15:44 pm EST
Hello Bujang,

what i mean is, is there no auto scale windows view when using normal or strech view mode?.
and is there no auto save for windows size mode that has been set to specific size? So we no longer need to set the size of the window when open it at a second time..

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities does not support this functionality yet. In addition, please note, that remembering windows size/position is something that should be done on the Windows OS side rather than with additional software. For example, you can try enabling the Cascade windows feature or use the Shift+X hotkey to set a preferred size of windows.

on inventory manager, inventory manager did not show how much memory/ram installed and how many pieces of memory/ram installed

Could you please clarify if this occurs only for one remote Host or for any remote Host you connect to? In addition, please let us know if you’re connecting to a remote Host under a user with administrative privileges.

Nov 10, 2023 8:32:43 am EST

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities does not support this functionality yet. In addition, please note, that remembering windows size/position is something that should be done on the Windows OS side rather than with additional software. For example, you can try enabling the Cascade windows feature or use the Shift+X hotkey to set a preferred size of windows.

thanks for the hint, i'll try it

Could you please clarify if this occurs only for one remote Host or for any remote Host you connect to? In addition, please let us know if you’re connecting to a remote Host under a user with administrative privileges.

all the remote computers running with user with administrative privileges, and all remote computer did'nt show info ram size and piece of ram installed, and only ram info didnt show, everything else is showing
Nov 10, 2023 7:56:27 pm EST
Hello Bujang,

Thank you for the confirmation.

I’ll check with our developers on the RAM information not displayed in the Inventory Manager mode.

I’ll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)