Community

Simple update error "Exception: Error sending data: (12002)...(ENetHTT

Links used in this discussion
agomes, User (Posts: 14)
Nov 08, 2023 9:04:13 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Dear,

when doing a Simple Update to 7.2.2.0 fr om 7.1.7.0, a single machine is reporting on the log: "Exception: Error sending data: (12002) O tempo limite da operação foi atingido. (ENetHTTPClientException)" what would translate to "Operation time lim it exceeded".

7.1.7.0 is currently working fine in the machine (with the limitations of having a 7.2.2.0 Host).

I couldn't find any good info about this erro.

Does anybody have seen this?

Thank you!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 08, 2023 6:30:22 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please try using this Microsoft troubleshooting tool that helps to automatically fix issues that block programs from being installed, updated or removed. Simply download the tool, run it and follow the steps provided by the wizard.
In addition, please make sure to add Host to the exception list of any antivirus software you might have since some a/v software activity can be causing this issue. You can follow this guide to add Remote Utilities to the exceptions.

Hope that helps.
agomes, User (Posts: 14)
Nov 22, 2023 8:41:02 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Sorry Pauline for not answering before, and many thanks for your help.

This is a remote machine, I don´t have access to install neither run anything. I was hoping you had already seen this error and know what to do.

7.1.7.0 is running, is there a way to update using the terminal only? If I transfer the new MSI and run, will it keep all settings?

Thanks again!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 22, 2023 2:04:28 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

If you can't access the machine remotely then the best thing to do is just to update Host manually. You can download the installation file on this page and simply run it on the remote Host machine. If you use the default vanilla installation file, all of your settings will remain the same and only the Host version will be updated.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)