New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Host 7.2.2.0 installing problem

Links used in this discussion
Rossana Jimenez, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 10, 2023 3:12:55 pm EST
Support level: Starter
All off the installation of Host 7.2.2 its been problematic. During the update or the all new installing procedure it stops and asks me to give the path to the "installer.msi". I search for it, find it and it says that it is not ok.
I'm afraid I can't use Remote Utilities any more since the last update.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 10, 2023 7:08:53 pm EST
Hello Rossana,

Thank you for your message.

Please try using this Microsoft troubleshooting tool and see if this helps to resolve the issue. Just download the tool, run it and follow the steps provided by the wizard.

In addition, please make sure to add Remote Utilities to the exception list of any antivirus software you may have installed. To do so, please follow this guide.

Hope that helps.
Rossana Jimenez, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 12, 2023 12:32:11 am EST
Support level: Starter
Thanks for your help.  The uninstall tool you suggested did work. It helped me to fix the Remote Utilities Host update (and installation from zero too). The only inconvenience was that it did not mentioned the "Remote Utilities" software by name.  It mentioned some "unknown name" software that I had to try by elimination until I chose the one that refereed about Remote Utilities.

Thanks for your help.  Best Regards.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 13, 2023 2:27:57 pm EST
Hello Rossana,

I’m glad to hear we were able to help!

The only inconvenience was that it did not mentioned the "Remote Utilities" software by name.

Perhaps, this was caused by some of the installation files being damaged which had also caused the update issue. To avoid similar issues in the future, please make sure to add Remote Utilities to exceptions as described in the guide linked above.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)