Community

Seeing passwords

Links used in this discussion
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Nov 10, 2023 1:36:49 pm EST
Is there a way to see the passwords I used in my bookmarks of computer connection's. Right now under security I just see DOTS ? I forgot what I used on some of them.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 10, 2023 2:26:59 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean the passwords that were saved for your remote Host connections in your address book or if you mean passwords that are stored on your remote Host machine (e.g. inside of your browser)?

Looking forward to your reply.
Nov 10, 2023 2:58:16 pm EST
passwords that were saved on my remote Host connections in my address book
Nov 10, 2023 5:47:31 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to display the passwords saved in the connection property window due to security reasons. In case if the access password for a remote Host was forgotten, then you should reset its password following this guide.
Alternatively, you can also fully reset Host settings by deleting the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host. Please note that deleting this key resets all of the Host settings to default values.

Hope that helps.
Nov 10, 2023 6:00:17 pm EST
Ok i was looking for a easier way to see the passwords so I place them into my Android phone.. gonna take lots of time to redo all of them because they are different for each system..
Nov 10, 2023 7:40:06 pm EST
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that you should be able to change the Host password remotely using the Remote Settings feature - Host will be restarted automatically when you submit the changes.

Hope that helps.
Nov 12, 2023 9:32:35 am EST
I tired the procedure how do you log on to the host if you have to STOP  the host? it will not be available for the remote connection?  this does not make sense.. have you actually tried this?
Edited:johnran - Nov 12, 2023 9:41:49 am EST
Nov 13, 2023 11:14:23 am EST
???
Nov 13, 2023 12:16:57 pm EST
Hello John,

Do you mean restarting Host after changing the password? Please note that you don’t need to stop the Host service in order to change the password. Simply use the Remote Settings and change the password following this guide. When you press OK the changes are applied automatically and Host is restarted automatically as well, so there’s no need to stop Host manually. Just give it a couple of minutes to restart automatically and you should be able to connect using your new password.

Hope that helps.
Nov 13, 2023 1:13:26 pm EST
Thats not the same link you posted first this one is:
https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/remote-settings/

This was to be done using the Remote Settings Button which does not work, what is the reason for this button since it does nothing?

Changing it the second way you said is to log into the system and perform it..

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)