Community

Access violation rfusclient.exe

Links used in this discussion
John Stevens, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 20, 2023 10:07:24 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Have been getting this often enough to be very annoying. currently 7.2.2.0 at both end but was getting it on 7.1.7.0 also.

When it happens viewed screen is still updating cut any clicks/keystrokes are ignored. Disconnect/reconnect restores input responsiveness (so I can then close the error dialog - I have tried both closure options but the outcome is the same) but the issue soon recurs unless I reboot the host end.

Possible factors - I usually keep a connection window open continuously. The host is an otherwise headless tiny pc running Win11 and attached directly to the router that I have offloaded download activities to so I like to keep an eye on what its doing. My desktop is Win10

Any clues?  Not a showstopper but effing annoying
Attached Files
Access violation rfusclient.exe
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 21, 2023 12:58:32 pm EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Please try resetting your Viewer settings following the steps provided in this guide and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Let us know if this works for you.
Nov 27, 2023 1:01:36 am EST
I have just applied "Solution 1" so now I wait to see how it goes. The newly created config_4.xml file is less than half the size of the one I removed (8KB v 22KB) - if that's significant?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 27, 2023 7:38:13 pm EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Deleting the old configuration file has simply reset your Viewer settings, so this is why your new configuration file might be less in size. Please feel free to let us know if the issue persists.

Hope that helps.
Jan 07, 2024 2:06:38 am EST
It has  not happened again :)

Thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)