Community

remote registry

johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Oct 31, 2023 4:31:34 pm EDT
I've noticed the remote registry tool does not drill down all the way in the registry folders.. Is there a limit on why this occurs?  for instance when I go down to:  
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\General]
"HideNewOutlookToggle"=dword:00000001

even though it is  present.... it stops seeing the reg folder Options and then General ,, ?? toward the end..
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 31, 2023 5:02:00 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you’re running Viewer as administrator? Are you able to see this folder if you open the Registry Editor directly on the Host machine (either physically or via Full Control connection mode)?

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 31, 2023 7:21:56 pm EDT
Could you please clarify if you’re running Viewer as administrator?  Yes I am as Administrator

Are you able to see this folder if you open the Registry Editor directly on the Host machine (either physically or via Full Control connection mode)?  Ok this is funny , I have two users on this computer the "admin" account and the other we will call it "Johns" account, I cant see it in the admin account all though it drills down one more folder but yet not all the way, now as far as the John account I can see it all the way..... but not with the reg editor that remote Utilities has.
Edited:johnran - Oct 31, 2023 7:23:30 pm EDT
Oct 31, 2023 7:45:38 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please answer a couple more questions:
1. Does the same apply to both “admin”/“Johns” accounts when using Full Control connection mode as well?
2. Does this occur for only one specific folder or were you able to reproduce it for multiple directories in the Registry Editor?

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 31, 2023 8:06:25 pm EDT
1. Does the same apply to both “admin”/“Johns” accounts when using Full Control connection mode as well?
The added registry folder was only added to the "John" user so it shows in his registry but it was not added to the "Admin" account so it does not show in there.. Neither are shown while using the remote utilities editor, only when logged into the account under FULL control of "John" and working remotely.

2. Does this occur for only one specific folder or were you able to reproduce it for multiple directories in the Registry Editor? I have not tried to do it in any other directories..    The reg edit I used is to eliminate the "try the new outlook" switch that pops up in outlook 2021 or 2016
Nov 01, 2023 11:07:58 am EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for the details.

I’ll forward this issue to our developers to see if they’re able to provide any input on it and we’re able to reproduce the issue in our environment.

I’ll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Nov 01, 2023 3:38:05 pm EDT
Great I'm glad you were able to reproduce the problem...
Dec 21, 2023 7:12:31 pm EST
Whats the status of this problem ? Been a long time?
Dec 21, 2023 7:21:51 pm EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

I’ll check with our developers on the status of the issue to see if the fix can be expected in any of upcoming updates.

I’ll keep you updated.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)