Community

Frequent disconnects

Links used in this discussion
Chuck Wagner, User (Posts: 5)
Aug 04, 2017 8:56:07 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I have been testing RU for some time and it appears that it has difficulties maintaining a constant connection. I will have a remote session going and after 5-10 minutes the viewer will freeze and I will get a connection issue but it always reconnects right away when i re-initiate it. As a test, I also have also tried a  [censored] remote session and a standard RDP and neither will lose connection throughout the day.

Is there a setting to define a timeout value for the disconnect or another setting I am missing? I really dig RU but the frequency of disconnects is making it difficult to use.

Thanks!

Host Version: 6.7.0.2
Viewer Version: 6.7.0.2
RU Server Version: 2.6 [2603]
Host OS: Windows 7
Viewer OS: Windows 10 Pro
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 04, 2017 9:31:01 am EDT
Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

after 5-10 minutes the viewer will freeze and I will get a connection issue but it always reconnects right away when i re-initiate it.

Is the Viewer auto-reconnecting or just freezing (i.e. erroneous work of the application)?

As a test, I also have also tried a [censored] remote session

Such tests can do little in diagnosing connectivity issues. Even if you have a network-related issue, and not a software-related one, it well may be that this network issue manifests itself only with this specific program, rather than with other programs. For example, there are plenty of user reports about when [censored] can't connect and yet it doesn't necessarily mean that the problem is with  [censored] .

It could help if you sent us Host logs from a couple of your Hosts. You can send them to support@remote-utilities.com.

and a standard RDP

Standard RDP cannot connect over the Internet and bypass firewalls. To compare apples to apples you need to compare Remote Utilities direct connection (i.e. connecting using IP address or DNS name) vs. RDP's connection.

If you use Remote Utilities Internet ID connection then comparing it vs. RDP doesn't make sense - direct connectivity always wins over indirect one. That said, if your remote Hosts are accessible directly, you don't even have to use Internet-ID connection - you set up direct connection.

RU Server Version: 2.6 [2603]

You use your self-hosted server as relay instead of our public servers, correct?
Ole D, User (Posts: 5)
Jan 25, 2024 6:21:14 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi

I have the same problem and always have!

I use RU server and agent by my customer.
Disconnect after 2-10 min., reconnect again and ask for password.

It's annoying

Kind Regards
Ole
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 25, 2024 7:39:16 pm EST
Hello Ole,

Thank you for your message.

Please make sure that your Agent, Viewer and RU Server are all updated to the most recent version 7.2.2.0 (version 3.3.5.0 for RU Server).
In addition, please try the solutions suggested in this troubleshooting guide and see if any of them might help to resolve the issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)