New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Capture Sound Latency

Links used in this discussion
Chas Large, User (Posts: 16)
Feb 20, 2024 10:12:49 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
When using RUT and play a local video with the CAPTURE SOUND feature enabled, there is a 2 second delay (latency) on the sound. If I use Remote Desktop there is no latency on the sound.
Both PC's are running WIndows 11. The main PC is a home-brew with a Gigabyte MOBO, AMD Ryzen 7 proc and 32GB RAM, the graphics card is AMD Radion R9 200. The remote is a Lenovo Core i7 laptop with 12GB RAM.
I am using Direct connection through a 5GHz WiFi (or 2GHz), its the same on either.
I have followed all you suggestions non the FAQ page about performance.
Is there any way to better synchronise the sound capture?
Thanks
Chas
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 20, 2024 7:44:29 pm EST
Hello Chas,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that you’ve tried the solutions listed on this page? Please note that even using Direct connection might not always have the same speed/performance compared to the RDP since the latter was developed specifically by Microsoft for Microsoft systems. You can also try connecting to your remote Host via our RDP connection mode and see if this works for you.
In addition, please make sure that both Host and Viewer are updated to the latest version 7.2.2.0 as well as your audio drivers on both machines.

Hope that helps.
Chas Large, User (Posts: 16)
Feb 26, 2024 1:24:11 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial

Pauline wrote:

Hello Chas,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that you’ve tried the solutions listed on this page? Please note that even using Direct connection might not always have the same speed/performance compared to the RDP since the latter was developed specifically by Microsoft for Microsoft systems. You can also try connecting to your remote Host via our RDP connection mode and see if this works for you.
In addition, please make sure that both Host and Viewer are upd ated to the latest version  7.2.2.0  as well as your audio drivers on both machines.

Hope that helps.

Hi Pauline,

Yes, that's the page. Yes, I've tried your RDP option and that too has a 2 second lag in captured audio. Yes both HOST and VIEWER are up to date, as are the PCs, both running genuine W11 installs.

I was hoping there might be a se t of circumstances in the settings that is causing the lag, given that there is none with Windows RDP. But if not, then ke-sera-sera...

Thanks.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 26, 2024 7:59:30 pm EST
Hello Chas,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward the issue to our developers to see if they can provide any feedback on this or if we’re able to reproduce it in our environment.

I’ll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)