Community

Repeated disconnections, only with Public Server, Internet-ID

Links used in this discussion
Manuel Lopez, User (Posts: 11)
Apr 10, 2024 2:37:34 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
This is only on windows 11. I always connect, but then I see repeated disconnections when connected to a remote win11 pc. This occurs ONLY when using the public server Internet-Id service (not when using direct connection, with or without a vpn). The drop is automatic when I switch between apps on the remote computer. I audited the firewall but it shows no dropped packets, blocked ports, or other issues (e.g. it shows successful connection on port 5655).  
Other remote programs I tested (that use a public server to get through NAT) do not have a problem.
I do have a new router -- eero Max 7. Anything you might suggest as far as testing to try to pinpoint the problem would be appreciated. Thank you.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 10, 2024 3:45:19 pm EDT
Hello Manuel,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please verify if the issue occurred before you switched to the new router?
In addition, please send us the most recent Host log file for examination. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Manuel Lopez, User (Posts: 11)
Apr 10, 2024 6:01:29 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Thank you Pauline. I emailed the host log to you separately.
The issue did not occur before switching to the new router. (I wonder if the issue may have to do with the new router  supporting ipv6 -- my very old router did not -- but may have nothing to do with it.)  Thank you.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 10, 2024 6:58:02 pm EDT
Hello Manuel,

Thank you for the provided log files.

I will forward the logs along with the issue description to our developers to see if they can provide any feedback on this issue.

I’ll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)