Community

Error "Exception EThread in module rutserv.exe at 000d20cc - Handle invalid"

Links used in this discussion
Paolo M, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 13, 2014 5:13:15 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
I'm trying to install version 5.6 on a Windows 2008 Server R2 with SP1.
The installation complete without errors, but when I try to execute the program I receive the error :

"Exception EThread in module rutserv.exe at 000d20cc - Handle invalid"

I have tried to disinstall and reinstall the software with no success.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Paolo
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Apr 14, 2014 10:14:46 am EDT
Hello, Paolo.

Thank you for your message.

Could you please perform the following steps:
1. Uninstall Host.
2. Delete %AppData%\Remote Utilities Files folder.
3. Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Remote Manipulator System folder from your Registry.
4. Reboot your computer.
5. Try to install and run Host again.

Looking forward to your reply.
john kumpf, User (Posts: 82)
Dec 03, 2014 8:22:40 pm EST
Is it possible to run "Host" and "Agent" simultaneously on the same PC?  I got this error while trying to run agent.exe on a PC already running Host.  Windows 7.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 04, 2014 7:03:38 am EST

john kumpf wrote:
Is it possible to run "Host" and "Agent" simultaneously on the same PC?  I got this error while trying to run agent.exe on a PC already running Host.  Windows 7.

Hi John,

No, they are mutually exclusive. The Agent is mostly for quick ad hoc support, whereas the Host is a complete app/service that allows you both unattended and attended support.

They share the same program code, that's why they can't run simultaneously. If you want Host to act like Agent, simply enable the Ask User Permission feature.

Hope that helps.
john kumpf, User (Posts: 82)
Dec 04, 2014 10:46:33 am EST
Maybe this is in v6 beta already, but if not, might i suggest that instead of producing

Maybe your software could detect that Host is already running and popup an informative message similar to Conrad's response here?

I asked whether they can "run" together. I just tried stopping Host, and running agent, and that worked. So it appears you do not need to uninstall Host, just stop it.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 04, 2014 2:34:14 pm EST

john kumpf wrote:
Maybe this is in v6 beta already, but if not, might i suggest that instead of producing

Maybe your software could detect that Host is already running and popup an informative message similar to Conrad's response here?

We'll think about this, John. Thanks!

I asked whether they can "run" together. I just tried stopping Host, and running agent, and that worked. So it appears you do not need to uninstall Host, just stop it.

That's correct.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)