Community

Max Viewer using dual monitors

Michael Lewis, User (Posts: 32)
May 07, 2015 5:12:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
If you minimize the viewer console when using dual monitors and then try to bring it back up by either double-clicking or right-click and select viewer, it launches itself on the second windows behind the "full screen" remotes that I'm working on - basically hiding the console. It should reappear where I last minimized it, in this case on my primary screen.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
May 07, 2015 7:03:11 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Just to clarify - does the Viewer console reappear on another screen when you switch to that screen?
Michael Lewis, User (Posts: 32)
May 09, 2015 3:00:50 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Yes. It appears on Monitor 2, but it opens in the background so you don't realize it's open until you take the screens back to "Normal View" which shrinks the window so you can see other items on that monitor.

If I'm using the console on Monitor 1, and restore it - I'm expecting it to show on Monitor 1, not monitor 2.
May 10, 2015 7:04:55 pm EDT
We'll test this too. Thank you for letting us know. Such usability issues can only be revealed by real-world user input
May 12, 2015 6:55:44 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

We have just released version 6.3.0.2. This issue has been fixed in the new version. Please, check it out.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)