Community

session timeout

Thom LaCosta, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 25, 2015 12:42:00 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
i have a system where 4 users can access the system via Remote Utilities....easc has a unique login name and password.

What can I do to log them out of windows automatically after xx minutes of inactivity?

thanks
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 26, 2015 12:49:20 am EST
Hello Thom,

Thank you for your message.

Although there is no option to log out on timeout, there's another similar option. You can lock remote workstation upon terminating a remote session.

Right-click connection properties, select Additional properties and check the Lock workstation on disconnect option.

[IMG]/images/forum/lock-on-disconnect.png[/IMG]

Hope that helps.
Thom LaCosta, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 26, 2015 5:35:05 am EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Although there is no option to log out on timeout, there's another similar option. You can lock remote workstation upon terminating a remote session.

Hmmmm...thanks, but the problem is if user one disconnects and does not terminate his windows session before doing so, user 2 when logging in via remote utilities will be logged
in the system as user one.

It's not a remote utilities issue, I was hoping someone had faced and solved as similar
problem.
Dec 28, 2015 3:09:50 am EST
Hello Thom,

If User 1 disconnects with the option "Lock workstation on disconnect" enabled, the remote desktop will be locked. User 2 won't be able to get access to it without knowing User 1 Windows password.

But I do agree with you that an additional option like "Log off Windows user on disconnect" instead of just locking could also be helpful. I will hand this suggestion over to our developers.

Thanks.
George Payne, User (Posts: 9)
Mar 01, 2016 9:58:43 pm EST
Hi,

Can I add my voice to wanting to have users automatically disconnect after 30 minutes of inactivity.

I run several remote sites with cellular internet access which is more expensive than wired broadband so rather than have someone logged onto a remote all night because they have forgotten to log out I would like to see their session disconnected after a certain period of inactivity.

Generally this is the case in similar software.

Thanks

George
Mar 01, 2016 10:42:21 pm EST
Hi George,

Thank you for the input. We will review all current suggestions related to idle/lock/logoff mentioned in different topics here on the forum and in support tickets. Instead of implementing them gradually one by one we'll most likely implement them all in one of the future releases, since they are closely related.
George Payne, User (Posts: 9)
Mar 07, 2016 11:02:51 pm EST
Great idea thanks

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)