Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.5 BETA

Links used in this discussion
BartB, User (Posts: 41)
Sep 18, 2016 2:35:28 pm EDT

You mean you couldn't set the brightness using "hardware" buttons on the laptop? Could you tell the laptop brand/model?

Yup, exactly. It's a Dell Inspiron 5759.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 19, 2016 11:30:35 am EDT
Hello Bart,

Task Manager works OK (i.e.with scrollbars) in Windows 10 + Anniversary upgrade also. Can we have a remote session - connect to your Viewer PC and see if we can figure out why. Let me know via support@remote-utilities.com

Yup, exactly. It's a Dell Inspiron 5759.

Ok, we'll check it out.
Michael Rex, User (Posts: 68)
Sep 21, 2016 7:22:24 pm EDT
In the Viewer and Host, Help->About says:

Version: 6.4.0.2 beta 2

Why call it beta 6.5 if its beta 6.4? That's confusing if its not a bug.

Also, you should "unblock" (windows protection) the msi files before you zip them up. It should only be necessary for the downloader to unblock the .zip, and not have to do it for the individual files as well.

Edit: Just saw that you responded on Aug 17th that this versioning is expected.  My 2 cents, DON'T.  Just call it a 6.4 BETA and stable release as 6.5.  I'm not aware of any other company/software that does beta versioning like this.  You're just asking for confusion by having mismatched version strings.
Edited:Michael Rex - Sep 21, 2016 7:25:23 pm EDT
Sep 22, 2016 4:58:03 am EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your post.

Why call it beta 6.5 if its beta 6.4? That's confusing if its not a bug.

This is not a bug. We have always done it this way. But anyway we thank you for your input and indeed will follow your advice the next time we release beta.

Also, you should "unblock" (windows protection) the msi files before you zip them up. It should only be necessary for the downloader to unblock the .zip, and not have to do it for the individual files as well.

Could you please elaborate more on this issue, what unblocking do you mean? By the way, you can also download files separately from the same page (Viewer, Host  etc.).
Michael Rex, User (Posts: 68)
Sep 23, 2016 4:50:41 am EDT

Conrad wrote:

Could you please elaborate more on this issue, what unblocking do you mean? By the way, you can also download files separately from the same page (Viewer, Host etc.).

Hmm, looks like my bad.  I just re-downloaded the full .zip package and couldn't reproduce the issue. Basically, what I saw before was that I unblocked the .zip (through the file's Properties), but still got the Windows pop up that the file may not be safe for the individual .msi's. My conclusion is that when I thought I unblocked the .zip prior to unzipping the msi's, it didn't actually.

So ignore that.  PEBKAC

Regards
Sep 23, 2016 8:34:40 am EDT
Ok :) Let us know if you need help in the future. Thanks.
Keith Hay, User (Posts: 12)
Sep 27, 2016 11:30:32 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Will the Windows beta host work with the current Android client without any issues ? Having to do repeated re-installs of the host when Microsoft forces updates out is getting quite old, so I'm looking at upgrading to the beta host and clients for my support work, but I do sometimes use the Android client as well.

Is there any prospective time-frame for production release ?

Keith
Sep 27, 2016 12:59:09 pm EDT
Hello Keith,

We have updated both iOS and Android client just recently, so it should work.

This was a "technical" update meaning that we just made sure that the mobile client was compatible with the current beta. But in a few months we are going to implement a full-fledged address book in the mobile client as well as add a few more features and improvements.

Let me know if you have other questions.
OllieD, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 29, 2016 6:41:29 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Have the server management abilities been completely removed from the viewer?
It was useful for me to:
manage/create address books
see which clients were connected to my hosted server and their IP's & ID's

Will this be coming back for the final release of 6.5?

I used to be able to use the idle list as a quick visual check to see if a device was in the office, the warehouse or on a 3g/4g connection.

I am currently having to RDP into the Server just to check this.
Sep 29, 2016 7:29:17 am EDT
Hi Ollie,

Thank you for your post.

We decided to remove this feature from the Viewer to reduce complexity a bit.  

Instead, we are going provide a choice in the RU Server installation wizard whether you want to install both Admin Console and Service, or just one of these. This way you'll be able to install the Admin Console on your Viewer PC without installing the actual service/server.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)