New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[resolved] Fatal Freeze / Crash when using the viewer with capture sound enabled on Windows 7 Starter Nettbook.

Levett Washington, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 18, 2012 2:51:53 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
So I downloaded and installed the free edition of remote utilities. The host is running on a windows 7 ultimate desktop, while the viewer is running on a Nokia Booklet netbook running windows 7 starter edition. When using the view without audio it works fine. But after enabling the capture  sound in the setting menu and using it for a short period it causes the computer to fatal freeze, needing a hard reboot. I reproduced this 100% of the time when doing it 5/5 times so I am sure it is the viewer program.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 18, 2012 3:04:12 pm EDT
Hi Levett,

Thank you very much for detailed information. Usually, such issues signify that something is wrong with hardware drivers. I recommend updating sound and video drivers to the freshest version and see if it helps.

Thanks!
nikkil, User (Posts: 46)
Dec 22, 2012 5:08:41 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Thanks. But when we open device managers, would it already indicate that the driver needs to be updated?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 23, 2012 5:57:14 am EST

nikkil wrote:
Thanks. But when we open device managers, would it already indicate that the driver needs to be updated?

There must be a button "Update driver". If you are connected to the Internet Windows will automatically check for driver updates.

You can also refer to Windows Help file for more information on updating drivers.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)