New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.5 BETA

Links used in this discussion
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 17, 2016 7:53:13 pm EDT
Hello Steve,

I finally got the logo sorted it appears that somehow if older viewers had been previously installed somehow when I upgraded to the new beta it seemed to have interfered with this process somehow ?

During an upgrade the Viewer keeps its files in the %APP DATA% folder intact, so indeed perhaps there was a conflict. We need to check it out and so some additional testing because in our tests we didn't find anything special about upgrade vs. clean install. Thank you anyway for bringing this to our attention.

control mode but no shortcut key functions seem to operate not sure what I am doing wrong here as instructions seem pretty straight forward ? could it be my customized agent / access rights perhaps ? have seen the post on domain issue fix but that is not the case here.

Did you try a specific keyboard short cut? Also, did you try the actual Ctrl Alt Del command icon on the Full Control toolbar? This is the primary way to send this command to a remote PC.
Ashley Griffin, User (Posts: 61)
Oct 17, 2016 9:52:24 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
moved (by me)
Edited:Ashley Griffin - Oct 17, 2016 10:28:02 pm EDT
steve godfrey, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 18, 2016 6:18:28 am EDT
Hi Ashley
Have tried all ways it just will not work ?
tool bar shows I have full control
tried both beta and stable 6.3
it just doesnt work
regards
Steve
Oct 18, 2016 6:45:45 am EDT

steve godfrey wrote:

Hi Ashley
Have tried all ways it just will not work ?
tool bar shows I have full control
tried both beta and stable 6.3
it just doesnt work
regards
Steve

Steve, it looks like you were responding to a post that was moved here .

Thanks.
steve godfrey, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 18, 2016 6:56:17 am EDT
Hi Conrad
sorry the reply was meant for you not ashley ??
no joy with ctrl alt del
does this command actually work with just agent installed on the remote pc ?
ideally I did not want host just the agent installed ?
regards
Steve
Oct 18, 2016 7:32:08 am EDT
Hi Steve,

does this command actually work with just agent installed on the remote pc ?

Unfortunately, not. Agent is a "stripped" version of the Host, it doesn't have sufficient privileges for such system-wide operations.

ideally I did not want host just the agent installed ?

I wonder why? You can do the same with the Host and more. And if you want to add the "attended aspect" to the Host, you can simply enable the Ask User Permission feature.

Although there'll be no branded window, of course. In one of the upcoming updates we want to create a branded window for the Host too which one will be able to optionally enable. In fact there's going to be a single UI for both Agent and Host and the ability to "convert" Agent to Host.
Keith Hay, User (Posts: 12)
Oct 21, 2016 10:31:21 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Is there any specific reason that the remote screen response is significantly slower with Windows 10. I was hoping that the Beta would help improve the response time. It is particularily noticeable on any type of Win10 "system" screen/dialogs such as the login or lock screens. For example, It fairly consistently takes 20-30 seconds for the lock screen to respond to a mouse click or enter key.  Once your in an application( e.g. MSWord) it seems to get better, but response is still a little more laggy than Win7 was. We're seeing this on multiple hosts and clients, even when accessing on fullspeed cable internet. We're running via internet-id using the free id server. We've already hit the common spots by dropping the color depth to 8 bits, and turning off Aero, and removing wallpaper. Its almost like Win10 does some type of "mode switch" when display system dialogs that causes huge delay..
Anyone else seeing this type of performance anomally or have further suggestions?

Keith
Chris, User (Posts: 7)
Oct 21, 2016 11:43:16 am EDT
I believe Windows 10 has a lot more animations (menu's fading in an out) than previous versions. So you have to wait for each step in the animation to be captured.  You can turn off animations under Control Panel (search for animation). Or right click on "This PC" in the file explorer, choose Properties, then Advanced System Settings, then Performance, and choose Best Performance.
Oct 22, 2016 11:13:01 am EDT

Keith Hay wrote:

Is there any specific reason that the remote screen response is significantly slower with Windows 10. I was hoping that the Beta would help improve the response time. It is particularily noticeable on any type of Win10 "system" screen/dialogs such as the login or lock screens. For example, It fairly consistently takes 20-30 seconds for the lock screen to respond to a mouse click or enter key.  Once your in an application( e.g. MSWord) it seems to get better, but response is still a little more laggy than Win7 was. We're seeing this on multiple hosts and clients, even when accessing on fullspeed cable internet. We're running via internet-id using the free id server. We've already hit the common spots by dropping the color depth to 8 bits, and turning off Aero, and removing wallpaper. Its almost like Win10 does some type of "mode switch" when display system dialogs that causes huge delay..
Anyone else seeing this type of performance anomally or have further suggestions?

Keith

Hello Keith,

Could you try to enable "Use legacy capture mode" in the Host settings (Settings for Host -> Options) on one of the Hosts, and see if there is any difference with other Hosts, preferably its peers on the same network.

Looking forward to your reply.
Ashley Griffin, User (Posts: 61)
Nov 07, 2016 12:53:02 am EST
Hi

Is there a hold up on R3?  theirs an issue in R2 about the MSI creation, i am still waiting to test if it works on the new one...

Last contact R3 was supposed to be around a few weeks ago...

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)