New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

properly connected, but black screen to Full-HD 'host'

Links used in this discussion
R DL, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 19, 2016 8:56:41 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
- the viewer runs on Windows-7
- the client ('host') runs on Windows-10
- I can properly make a connection from the viewer to the host, altough the screen on viewer remains black
- when I move the cursor on the 'viewer' PC, I see the cursor also moving on the 'host' PC
- so the connectivity is fine, only the display does not get through

Maybe irrelevant, but the 'host' PC is a Full-HD monitor, whereas the 'viewer' PC is a more conservative monitor.
I tried already to lower the resolution of the 'host' PC monitor to the same resolution that the 'viewer' PC has, but this doesn't help.

Both PC's are entirely up-to-date with regards to graphics drivers etc.

We run BitDefender antivirus, and I have added the executable "rutserv.exe" on the host to the list of excluded processes in BitDefender : no change.

I have other 'host' PCs, running Windows-7, and they all are correctly accessible and visible from the 'viewer' PC.

-> any suggestions?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 21, 2016 4:03:35 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Have you tried to restart the remote PC after Host installation?
R DL, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 21, 2016 5:49:05 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
hi,
yes for sure, both viewer and 'host' PCs have been restarted; all Windows updates have been installed (with reboot), your software is also latest version 6.3.0.6
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 21, 2016 6:13:42 pm EST
I see. Before we try to diagnose I recommend that you install the latest beta, you can take it from here https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/beta.php . If it's a bug, it well may have been already fixed in the beta. If the problem persists even with the beta, we'll see further what it might be.

Please, make sure that you upgrade both parts - i.e. Viewer and Host - to avoid version mismatch.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)