New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.5 BETA

Links used in this discussion
kennymac782641 McDonald, User (Posts: 9)
Nov 11, 2016 6:19:24 pm EST
I am unsure where this error is coming from but during testing of the beta version I am getting an error 78 when reinstalling on some not all machines. Currently out of a handful of installs I have only ran into this twice. The results of the error are below. After deleting a registry entry I was able get the software to install. I have copies of registries that were deleted, but I was able to locate them by using a find for Remote utilities and deleting the first entry found.
***** Start of log *****
Date: 11/11/2016 12:46:03 PM
Action: install/upgrade.
Checking files of the RUT Host.
Login/password?
----------
Action for: David Taylor Spectre Laptop (DESKTOP-K3DK2CN)
Connecting...
-->
Uninstall host.
Copy files...
File: rutserv.exe
File: host6.5b2en_v12.msi
Copy finished.
Processing...
11-11-2016_12:46:35#T:Error 78: #Unable to install.
Action successfully completed.
***** End of log *****
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 14, 2016 6:57:32 am EST
Hello Kenny,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what specific registry entry did you delete?
Jason Unger, User (Posts: 15)
Nov 24, 2016 12:57:21 pm EST
Howdy!

Trying to update my test hosts to the beta 3, and am getting this in my log:

***** Start of log *****
Date: 11/24/2016 9:49:42 AM
Action: install/upgrade.
Checking files of the RUT Host.
Host files not found!

I updated viewer to beta 3 (I am using the portable version), am literally right clicking on the host, Remote install..., selecting host6.5b3en.msi, and clicking Process Action.

Additionally, trying to run the .msi during a session, I get kicked off as expected, but the session doesn't reconnect. The installer gets stuck at a screen asking for a new unattended password.

EDIT:
I also keep getting notifications that such and such a host is online. In this case, the host is on my LAN and I never turn said host off, so connection issues shouldn't be an issue. Sporadic.
Edited:Jason Unger - Nov 24, 2016 7:00:03 pm EST
Nov 24, 2016 7:41:17 pm EST
Quick update. The resolve for the issue with remotely updating the host was I re-extracted everything to a fresh folder, and copied my config and connections XML files to that folder, and now it seems to work fine.
Nov 24, 2016 7:47:36 pm EST
Another oddity...
[img]https://i.imgur.com/fh40EPa.png[/img]
What IP is this? This server is local to my LAN, and that IP doesn't match my external IP.
Nov 24, 2016 7:53:53 pm EST
Hello Jason,

What IP is this? This server is local to my LAN, and that IP doesn't match my external IP.

Is it from the "Last IP" column?
Nov 24, 2016 7:55:34 pm EST
Woops! My bad, should have mentioned that. Yes it is.
Nov 24, 2016 8:06:50 pm EST
It is the IP address of one of our Internet-ID servers, in California.

You see this IP address because:

1. You use Internet-ID connection type.
2. The Internet-ID relay server infrastructure (a relay server) is our public one. You can see that in connection Properties -> General tab, under the "internet-ID" radio button.  

The fact that the remote PC is in your LAN has nothing to do with this. If you need to use direct connection within your LAN , that is - without an intermediary server in-between - simply select the "Direct connection" radiobutton in connection properties and specify the local IP address or hostname of your computer/server.
Nov 24, 2016 8:07:24 pm EST
This tutorial might be helpful - Connecting over LAN
Nov 24, 2016 8:09:55 pm EST
That makes sense. Thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)