Community

Searching the Address Book?

Adam, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 26, 2015 4:02:29 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
We have about 200 PC that we service. Is there any way to search the address book? I'm not able to find any reference to searching anywhere.

Thanks!

Adam
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 26, 2015 5:27:36 pm EDT
Hi Adam,

Sorry , but this feature is not yet available. But it's very important, so we have it on our high priority list.
Mar 27, 2015 10:00:03 am EDT
OK, we just purchased three operator licenses and moved from  [censored] to RU (and are very impressed so far). This feature would make the transition seem even better. Thanks for letting us know!

Just curious, any idea on a potential time frame for this?
Mar 27, 2015 12:02:20 pm EDT
Hello Adam,

Thank you for the kind words.

We are going to implement this feature together with a few other features related to the address book and generally how the records are shown.

Currently, our major priority is making the user/permission management system more advanced and immediately after that we will most likely get down to implementing better address book viewing capabilities, including the search function. While we could quickly make at least some search function, this would go against our rules to make everything as well thought-out as possible While seemingly simple a good search function is no trivial task nonetheless.
Mar 27, 2015 1:34:28 pm EDT
Thanks for the quick response! We'll look forward to the update.
Alvino, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 08, 2015 9:47:38 am EDT
Has the search feature been added for the address book yet? If not, is there an update on the release date?
Oct 08, 2015 11:01:23 am EDT
Hello Alvino,

Unfortunately, not yet. But we are planning to add this feature very soon, perhaps this year.
Oscar Valderrama, User (Posts: 7)
Jan 13, 2017 4:48:01 am EST
Hello,

I'm trying out the solution, and for us due to the number of computers we manage this feature is very important.

Could you tell me if it's already implemented? I cannot see how to do it.

Thanks
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 13, 2017 7:59:52 am EST
Hello Oscar,

Thank you for  your post.

This feature is currently under development and should appear in the next 6.6 update in a couple of weeks, if all goes as planned.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Oscar Valderrama, User (Posts: 7)
Jan 13, 2017 8:11:14 am EST
Thanks for the quick answer!

I'll wait for the next versión.

Kind regards

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)