New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Silent Deployment

Links used in this discussion
pasbad, User (Posts: 11)
Feb 09, 2017 5:04:33 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Conrad,
Just to clarify I'm happy for RU to popup as many prompts as it wants when we are about to make a connection (this is when we would have the customer on the phone 100% of the time) so we can help any confused users. Implementing permission prompts, warnings where they have to grant explicit permissions when connecting,overlay on the screen to notify someone has connected green bar around the screen like Skype etc). This would stop any rouge users fr om gaining access without the end user noticing?

The Issue is with actual installation, where there is a large group of users we prefer to not to harass them with popups or prompt wh ere it could inundate a support person with 100's of calls to ask whats going on etc.

I appreciate fully you dedication to make this a safe piece of software for everyone. I'm just asking for a different way to achieve the same level security that's all :)

Either way I'm happy with the changes you are making with the new version which would make it feasible to push out compared to what it is doing now.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 09, 2017 5:49:54 pm EST
Hi Pasbad,

This would stop any rouge users fr om gaining access without the end user noticing?

Informational messages won't stop anyone, of course. No one can protect the user enough, if they don't want to protect themselves and follow even the basic "don'ts" such as "don't click on links in emails received from strangers".

The purpose of the message is rather different. They target users who are aware of the dangers of the "Interwebz" and are capable to protect themselves if warned. So such message will gently notify the user about software that they may or may not have authorized and provide guidance on what to do in the latter case.

The Issue is with actual installation, where there is a large group of users we prefer to not to harass them with popups or prompt wh ere it could inundate a support person with 100's of calls to ask whats going on etc.

In the new 6.6 update the whole process is going to be much less intrusive. And the most important thing is that an admin will be able to connect right away without waiting the user's input. The single informational message is supposed to replace two other messages currently shown - the one that asks for permission to send an email and the message that warns about Internet-ID being generated.

Thanks.
Armin Jager, User (Posts: 12)
Feb 10, 2017 6:29:39 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Just FYI.... i just noticed, that even LMI has this type of notification - so i'm fine with that :)
I am going to test this new version asap if it's released.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 10, 2017 6:42:50 am EST
Hi Armin,

Sure. We'll do our best to provide the new installer for download as soon as possible.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)