New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Wrong Client-IP displayed in Viewer

Armin Jager, User (Posts: 12)
Feb 10, 2017 6:41:50 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
As you can see in the picture, all clients are displayed with the same IP. This IP is not assigned to a single client, it belongs to the ID-Server (self hosted).

The clients are running Win7 Pro / Windows Server 2012 R2 with the latest host-version 6.5.0.8. The viewer is running under Win 10 Pro using the portable version 6.5.0.8.

The ID-Server's firewall is configured to open ports 5655 & 5670 TCP.
Edited:Armin Jager - May 09, 2017 6:01:57 pm EDT
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 10, 2017 6:48:24 am EST
Hello Armin,

That is actually a correct behavior. If you connect through an internet-ID server, the Host is "invisible" for the Viewer. The ID server doesn't translate the IP address to the Viewer, and in most cases there is no point to do that - by definition the Internet-ID connection is used when you want to reach a remote computer located behind a router and/or firewall. Therefore, the IP address of the Host in this case will be the IP address of the router.
Armin Jager, User (Posts: 12)
Feb 10, 2017 6:53:36 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Conrad,

yes i know, we are talking about the WAN-IP. But there are some other entries (which are not shown in the picture) which are displaying the right client (wan) IP. So that's the reason i am a bit confused...

PS: And they are using all the same ID-Server...
Edited:Armin Jager - Feb 10, 2017 6:55:03 am EST
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 10, 2017 5:08:57 pm EST
Hello Armin,

But there are some other entries (which are not shown in the picture) which are displaying the right client (wan) IP.

It is possible that those computers are directly available and the program detects this. But I will ask our development to be sure and get back to you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)