Community

Computer changes to Logged Off

Links used in this discussion
Scott Carter, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 16, 2017 1:44:34 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have three computers at home - two laptops running Windows 10, and a desktop running Windows 7. All are running version 6.3.0.6 of the viewer.  I am trying to connect to my Windows 7 computer at work, running 6.3.0.6 host.

I can successfully connect to my work computer from my Windows 7 computer, but neither of the Windows 10 computers will connect.  When you click logon, or any other choice from the Windows 10 computers, the icon says "Logging on..." for a few seconds, and then goes to "Logged Off."  I cannot see any differences in the settings between the computers.  The Windows 7 computer has no problem connecting to my work computer.

How do I troubleshoot this to find out what is going on?

Thanks for any help.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Feb 16, 2017 5:58:59 pm EST
Hello Scott,

Thank you for your message.

Probably, this is about Windows update issue described here.

I highly recommend that you update to version 6.5.0.8. Both your Viewer and Hosts. Refer to this tutorial to update.

If you still have issues after the update, let me know.
Scott Carter, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 17, 2017 10:03:30 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Thanks so much for your quick reply.  This has fixed my issue!

I was under the assumption that when I open up the viewer and it says "Check for Updates?"(and I answer "yes") that I would always be using the latest version.  I will keep an eye on updates closer now, and make sure that I install them when needed.
Edited:Scott Carter - Feb 17, 2017 10:05:15 am EST
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Feb 17, 2017 10:25:07 am EST
Hi Scott,

You are welcome. Sorry about the message being a bit misleading. Actually, we are planning to improve the update process a bit in the upcoming release and make it more comprehensible.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)