Community

MSI-Package strange behaivor

Armin Jager, User (Posts: 12)
Mar 03, 2017 4:34:59 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

i'm using the latest version of RU with a self hosted ID-Server.
I've created a customized msi-package and i am able to install it as expected.
But sometimes, the installation ends a little bit strange. At the stage of entereing the password of the viewer (which was already included in the package), the window closes and that's it. If im checking the services, i can see "Usoris Host" is running. But my ID-Server doesn't see any new devices. Ok, i stopped the service and ran the exe by hand to check its settings. All settings are reverted to default - this means, standard ID-Server is used, no saved passwords etc...

Will this be fixed in the next release ? My  [censored] license expires on 03/27/17 so i need an alternative which is working on mass deployment without checking each installation.

Regads
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 03, 2017 4:44:50 am EST
Hello Armin,

A question: Are you updating an existing installation with your custom Host package, or is it a new installation on that PC? That is, no Host was previously installed.

But my ID-Server doesn't see any new devices. Ok, i stopped the service and ran the exe by hand to check its settings. All settings are reverted to default - this means, standard ID-Server is used, no saved passwords etc...

You can simply run Settings for Host from the Windows Start menu.
Mar 03, 2017 5:08:03 am EST
Hi Conrad,

it's a fresh installation on a Windows Server 2012 R2...

Edit: And even if i stop the service, run the exe and change the settings - after closing the exe and starting the service, there is no connection to my ID-Server. I have to stop the service and run the exe again (and let it opened) in order to see the machine online and connect to it. If i'm closing th exe and starting the service, the machine appears as offline.

Edit2:

You can simply run Settings for Host from the Windows Start menu.

On this installation, there is no start menu entry.
Edited:Armin Jager - Mar 03, 2017 5:13:15 am EST
Mar 05, 2017 2:09:03 am EST
Hello Armin,

You need to restart the PC. This is a common issue with Hosts being installed on Windows Server. Yes, the Host can run without restarting the PC, but sometimes restart is still required, especially on Windows Server.
Mar 06, 2017 3:36:02 am EST
Hi Conrad,

i cannot confirm this, because on other Windows 2k12 R2 Servers, the installation went like expected and without the need of a restart.

Greetings
Mar 06, 2017 10:07:18 am EST
Hello Armin,

This can be individual to a specific server. I've also watched your screencast and replied to you via PM.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)