Community

Sucessful Install pop up

Links used in this discussion
kennymac782641 McDonald, User (Posts: 9)
Jul 03, 2017 1:16:33 am EDT
Viewer and Host version 6.7.01, I downloaded them fresh this weekend.

I have played with previous releases and noticed that after an installation I get a popup notification that RU was installed successfully with an OK and Tell me more button. Can that be removed? I have to reboot for it to disappear on the Windows 10 machines I have installed it on. Clicking Ok or Tell me more does nothing only rebooting. Also the pop up is stuck on my Windows Server 2008 R2 I have logged in and out and rebooted multiple times but the message never goes away. Any suggestions on removing this? And also providing an option to disable this in the future?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 03, 2017 5:41:32 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I have played with previous releases and noticed that after an installation I get a popup notification that RU was installed successfully with an OK and Tell me more button. Can that be removed?

This message only appears when/if you select "Generate internet-ID" option during MSI Configuration, install the Host and then connect to the Host the first time.

In order to remove the message, you need to click on the OK button while being physically at the remote PC. The button won't work if you click on it remotely, i.e. through a remote session.

Any suggestions on removing this? And also providing an option to disable this in the future?

If the first connection is established from a Viewer registered with a PRO or SITE license, the message is not shown at all. Please, check out our license comparison.  See "Full silent install" at the bottom of the table.

Hope that helps.
kennymac782641 McDonald, User (Posts: 9)
Jul 04, 2017 12:02:12 pm EDT
Thank you we do have a license, I have added it now.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)