New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Pause (screen on hold)

Links used in this discussion
Rogier, User (Posts: 10)
Jul 25, 2017 10:31:12 am EDT
Hello,

Quick question... How can I prevent an idle session going into "current session on hold".
Please your help.
Edited:Rogier - Jul 25, 2017 10:31:36 am EDT
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 25, 2017 2:47:52 pm EDT
Hello Rogier,

Thank you for your post. And where do you get this message? I mean "current session on hold". Do you have a screenshot?
Jul 25, 2017 3:49:04 pm EDT
If idle the session gets paused by RUT.

Rightmouse click tab -> Pause.
Jul 25, 2017 4:58:33 pm EDT
The image won't load. Could you please upload it elsewhere or just send it as attachment to support@remote-utilities.com?

Thank you!
Jul 25, 2017 5:00:14 pm EDT
Sorry, I managed to view the image now.  So you mean the Pause function, correct? Did you mean that RU entered the paused state on its own, or did you just click the Pause menu item yourself?

I'm just trying to figure out the issue at hand. Thanks.
Jul 25, 2017 5:10:06 pm EDT

So you mean the Pause function, correct?

Yes, this is the same as described in the FAQ
Alt + Pause — put the current session on hold
https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/full-control-and-view/

Did you mean that RU entered the paused state on its own, or did you just click the Pause menu item yourself?

RU enters the paused state on its own. It's not occasionally, it's always when idle for a couple of minutes. It looks like it's standard behavior of RU.
Jul 26, 2017 6:39:51 pm EDT
Hello Rogier,

Yes, the Viewer pauses the connection if you minimize the Full Control window. This is normal behavior.

However, there shouldn't be any messages like "Current session on hold". Are you sure you are using Remote Utilities' own Full Control mode, and not the RDP mode?
Jul 31, 2017 2:20:45 am EDT
Hi Conrad,

However, there shouldn't be any messages like "Current session on hold". Are you sure you are using Remote Utilities' own Full Control mode, and not the RDP mode?

Well that's sort of the problem, I don't get messages it's paused. Therefor I was looking all the time why my session had stopped suddenly. It didn't respond and gave no messages why.
After a few month searching within your forum, faq and RU-client I found it was "put the current session on hold". First I thought it was a connection problem or some program freeze... And therefor I was restarting my client all the time.

Can you make this feature optional?
Jul 31, 2017 4:02:58 am EDT
Hello Rogier,

First I thought it was a connection problem or some program freeze... And therefor I was restarting my client all the time.

The session should unpause when you bring forward the Full Control window? Does it stay paused in your case?

Can you make this feature optional?

That might be possible, but provided that it should pause/unpause automatically, it doesn't make much sense. By the way, the reason behind pausing a session when its window is minimized is to save traffic/bandwidth, which for some users may be an important factor.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)