New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Drag and drop sometimes does not work

Alexandre Vikol, User (Posts: 11)
Aug 10, 2017 5:19:34 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I have installed the viewer on windows 10 and when I try and drag and drop to a windows server 2016 host the drag and drop sometimes work and sometimes not.

Even when it works I have to wait a few seconds for the mouse cursor to change.

It's not really important because there is a file transfer mode or we can use RDP but it would save us some time if we could copy and paste or drag and drop.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 10, 2017 7:51:19 am EDT
Hello Alexandre,

Thank you for your post.

Even when it works I have to wait a few seconds for the mouse cursor to change.

This is how it is supposed to work. You should allow the program 1-3 seconds before it receives a response from the Host and finish the operation. Performance usually depends on the kind of connection used - on a LAN it should be faster that when using the Internet-ID.

Hope that helps.
Aug 10, 2017 8:00:56 am EDT
I don't mind waiting a few seconds but it only works like 1 in 5 times. So drag and drop a 10 KB file this way takes 1 minute because you have to retry 5 times.

It's not an urgent issue for us but it would be nice in the future if it worked 100%.
Aug 10, 2017 11:48:53 am EDT
Hello Alexandre,

but it only works like 1 in 5 times.

Is this happening in exactly the same conditions each time? For example, you drag a file from remote desktop to the local desktop, and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Or do you try different files and different locations each time?
Aug 11, 2017 2:14:49 am EDT
Yes in the exact same condition. Drag and drop the same file from local user desktop to remote user desktop. It worked only after 5 tries. I also tried with another file that I never manager to drag and drop successfully because I gave up after 10 retries.
Aug 14, 2017 11:30:18 am EDT
Hi Alexandre,

It is hard to figure out exactly what might be causing this behavior. I can only say that our team is going to revamp the code related to dragging and dropping and make it more robust and feature-rich.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)