New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

High CPU usage on some machines

Victorio Laporte, User (Posts: 8)
Sep 19, 2017 1:31:54 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I bought a hundred licenses in 2014 of Remote Utilities version 5.6. Since then i have a high CPU problem (usage goes to 90-100% when i open "View Only" or "Full Control") on some machines.

I have lived with this issue until a couple months ago because there wasnt any critical server with this issue. Unfortunately when i installed It on some critical servers the problem appeared. Since then i tried to pinpoint the cause without success. I even installed the 6.6 trial version and It didnt work.

Is there any log that i can enable to t tell me exactly what is the problem?

I have machines affected with OSes ranging from Windows XP SP2 to Windows Server 2008.

Out of 67 installations, 22 are affected.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 19, 2017 4:01:56 pm EDT
Hello Victorio,

Thank you for your message.

I'm not sure what might be causing this problem, but it only makes sense to test the most recent version, which is 6.8.0.1 as of this writing. Could you please update your Viewer to 6.8.0.1. and also a few of your Hosts and see if the problem persists.

Looking forward to your reply.
Sep 21, 2017 9:01:38 am EDT
I installed the 6.8 viewer and host on 2   leds critical machines, onde with Windows XP installed and the other with Windows Server 2003.

The problem persists. Is there a detailed log that i can enable so i can give better info to you? I'm willing to upgrade the 100 licenses if it solves my problem.
Sep 22, 2017 8:14:06 am EDT
Hi Victorio,

There my be three possible reasons for that:

1. Hardware acceleration is turned off. Try enabling it.

2. Update your graphics card driver.

3. In some cases enabling "Capture alpha-blending windows" in connection properties can also cause this issue, but first please check the first two items.

Hope that helps.
Sep 28, 2017 10:21:27 am EDT
I updated the driver version of one of the machines. The amount of processing decreased, but it is still eating almost one entire core of 2 available.

I will update the other machines to see if it helps. I have to schedule them, because driver installations need reboots, so it will take a while. I will keep the thread updated.
Sep 28, 2017 3:10:25 pm EDT
Thank you!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)