New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

host screen resolution

Links used in this discussion
mark burgess, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 10, 2018 6:39:36 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
RU v 6.8.0.1   both machines win 7.  on the host machine the screen res is high but on the viewer machine ( at my home ) the res is much lower so I end up with a huge oversize screen!  Is there any way to change  the host machine resolution so it fits mine?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 12, 2018 9:48:12 am EST
Hello Mark,

Thank you for your post.

In the Viewer interface you can set scaling (see options on the toolbar - Normal, Stretch etc.) that is you can shrink the remote image to fit the bounds of your Viewer monitor. However, if you want to change the very resolution of the remote screen you will have to do that on the remote desktop itself, that is by accessing the Windows "Display settings" menu.

In the future though we might add an option to change the remote screen resolution from within the Viewer.
Darrin Mulligan, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 06, 2019 2:52:02 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello All.

I have a somewhat related question.  Running RU 6.10.9.0 and I am trying to find a way to get Remote Utilities to support a 1600x900 host resolution.   My current hi res choices are 1440 x 900, 1600 x 1200, 1600 x 1050, 1920 x 1080, and 1920 x 1200.

Is there a way to get it to run 1600 x900.    

Thanks Darrin
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 07, 2019 5:41:12 am EDT
Hello Darrin,

Thank you for your message.

Remote Utilities has nothing to do with resolution support, this is the ability of your monitor and graphics card. Remote Utilities only streams the captured image from the remote screen.

If you want to see a remote image on your local (Viewer) monitor pixel for pixel (i.e. without stretching or shrinking) you must set your view mode to "Normal" in connection properties.

host screen resolution - 07 Jun 2019 05:38:57

However, what resolutions you can set - whether it's Viewer PC or Host PC - is defined by monitors and graphics cards, not the program.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)