New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Reconnecting after Host is Re-booted

Links used in this discussion
John, User (Posts: 5)
Feb 12, 2018 10:01:31 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
I'm new to Remote Utilities (6.8.0.1) and need some advice.

BACKGROUND:
1. Host cpu is Win7 Pro with Host installed as "Manual Start".
2. Viewer cpu is Win7 x64 Pro.
3. The reasons for this setup is that (a) Remote access will only be required once every two or three months and (b) The remote support must be unattended.

THE QUESTION:
How can I configure the system so that after the Host is re-booted it will re-connect to the Viewer?

TIA for your suggestions and help.

Regards,
John
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 13, 2018 7:25:27 am EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your  post.

How can I configure the system so that after the Host is re-booted it will re-connect to the Viewer?

I'm afraid there is a contradiction. You mentioned that you needed unattended support and yet you set the Host service to start manually. With that setting on the Host won't start after the reboot unless someone on the remote side starts it (Windows Start menu -> Start Remote Utilities Host).

Perhaps, what you are really looking for is the Ask User Permission option. When this option is enabled the remote user's explicit consent is required to actually start a remote session even if the Host service starts automatically with Windows (which is the default option).
John, User (Posts: 5)
Feb 13, 2018 12:28:32 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Thanks for the answer. It's what I expected.

Regards.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)