New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Gateway Mediation Server !

Links used in this discussion
Serkan YARDIM, User (Posts: 1)
May 20, 2013 3:13:27 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

I need explanation of GMS. Because i cannot connect to host from outside. What i did here:

1. Installed GMS on a seperate pc.

2. ON GMS PC,
     settings of gms service, port = 5656

3. allowed 5656 port in pc side(xp firewall) and also in firewall(modem)

4. make NAT to GMS pc on modem

5. checked for opened port from canyouseeme.org  for port 5656, result working.

6. installed RU.HOST on a pc, and use internet id as GMS PC, and port, after get new id.

7. i go to other site (outside of host and gms pc network). and installed viewer.

8. in viewer, i add new connection and set internet id and use gms server wan ip address.

9. no connection..

Can you make good explanation of using, installing of GMS.

And maybe some features can be added, like:

- when i select advanced internet id and enter new server ip, there can be a msg that server is not avalaible or avalaible..

have nice day
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 20, 2013 6:47:54 am EDT
Hello Serkan,

1. Installed GMS on a seperate pc.

2. ON GMS PC,
settings of gms service, port = 5656

3. allowed 5656 port in pc side(xp firewall) and also in firewall(modem)

4. make NAT to GMS pc on modem

5. checked for opened port from canyouseeme.org for port 5656, result working.

OK

6. installed RU.HOST on a pc, and use internet id as GMS PC, and port, after get new id.

So you unchecked "Use default server" and added your GMS server IP address and port in the Internet ID settings on the Host, correct?

8. in viewer, i add new connection and set internet id and use gms server wan ip address.

Make sure you enter the ID exactly as it is. It's case-sensitive.

9. no connection..

also

- when i select advanced internet id and enter new server ip, there can be a msg that server is not avalaible or avalaible..

You can enable connection logging in the Viewer. This log helps you to troubleshoot the problem and find out at least on which side of the connection the issue is.  

Can you make good explanation of using, installing of GMS.

You can visit the GMS Manual here.

Finally, you can private message me with your GMS Wan IP, port and your Host's Internet ID (don't give me the password, just the ID). I will try to connect from here. If the connection is successful, the program should ask me for password.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)