New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Password Box

Links used in this discussion
Ralph Smith, User (Posts: 13)
Jul 11, 2018 4:38:05 pm EDT
This might seem like a small issue but I find it annoying nonetheless.  I use the command line to launch a connection to a PC from another application.  When I do this, the dialog box to enter the password  comes up hidden underneath any other windows I might have open so I have to hunt for it, or minimize everything on my desktop and then find it.

Any way you could make that password dialog open on top?  Thanks.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 11, 2018 5:57:13 pm EDT
Hello Ralph,

Thank you for your post.

You can include the password when you launch a connection from command line. See "Example 1" on this page.

Still, I will forward this issue to our development for testing and possible fixing.
Ralph Smith, User (Posts: 13)
Jul 12, 2018 8:14:14 am EDT
Thanks for getting back to me and for looking in to this. True, I could rewrite the script that launches the viewer from the other application, have it pop up a password prompt and then include it in the command line.  I could also save passwords for each connection in the viewer.  So these are two approaches, but it would also be good see if the password dialog could pop up on top.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 12, 2018 12:54:29 pm EDT
Sure, we will examine this issue and fix it in one of the subsequent program updates.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)