New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Printing

Links used in this discussion
Dennis Park, User (Posts: 3)
Jul 13, 2018 8:21:21 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Client PC : Window 7 and Window 10
Host PC : Window XP

I have no trouble printing normal pages( pdf, word, etc.), but a check.
So I go to Host PC and click Print to print a check. The dialogue window where I choose "Print All pages" or "Select Page", etc. shows loading first and disappears. Therefore I have no chance to see my local printer page.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 15, 2018 1:31:22 pm EDT
Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your post.

I have no trouble printing normal pages( pdf, word, etc.), but a check.

Can you print pdf, word files with Remote Utilities printer successfully? Could you please clarify what you mean by check in this case?
Jul 16, 2018 11:53:55 am EDT
Hello Conrad,

Yes, I am able to print pdf and word files with Remote Utilities. What I mean by "a check" is that we have a business application to print a paycheck, but when I try to print from the computer app, it identifies Remote Utilities Printer and I go Print. After that, the Remote Printing window from Remote Utilities shows loading and it disappears. So I am unable to select "Print All Pages", "Print Selected Pages", "Save All Pages", or "Save Current Pages" options.

Thank you.
Jul 17, 2018 7:37:31 am EDT
Hi Dennis,

Could you tell us the name of the application? We'll see if we can reproduce the issue.

Thanks!
Jul 17, 2018 6:19:02 pm EDT
Hello Conrad,

The name of program is "Yardi Professional Property Management".

Thanks.
Jul 18, 2018 12:37:36 pm EDT
Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately, we couldn't manage to test it with the software itself. We can guess, however, that the problem may occur because of specific printing properties.

Have you tried printing with the help of Microsoft XPS Doc writer or Microsoft Print to PDF. That might be a workaround to this problem.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)